ABS Light and Service ABS message after moving from heated garage to outside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone, been awhile since posting here.

Here is the situation. My mother just purchased a brand new 2022 Ram 1500 Sport. She hasn't fully taken delivery yet but received a text from the dealer that the ABS light and service ABS system message came on the dash after moving the truck from the heated garage to the outdoors -26 Celsius. The dealership is trying to tell her it's nothing to worry about and trying to push her to take the truck even with the ABS light/message on the dash still on.

I told her to refuse to give them her car and not take possession of the new truck until the ABS system is looked over and light/message are cleared. But could it have been as simple as just a rapid temperature drop? The truck is sitting outside the shop now for a few days and as far as I am aware the light is still on. I am trying to put my mothers mind at ease that her brand new truck won't be a lemon but I am not around in person to help her out with the issue.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Here is the situation. My mother just purchased a brand new 2022 Ram 1500 Sport. She hasn't fully taken delivery yet but received a text from the dealer that the ABS light and service ABS system message came on the dash after moving the truck from the heated garage to the outdoors -26 Celsius. The dealership is trying to tell her it's nothing to worry about and trying to push her to take the truck even with the ABS light/message on the dash still on.

I told her to refuse to give them her car and not take possession of the new truck until the ABS system is looked over and light/message are cleared. But could it have been as simple as just a rapid temperature drop? The truck is sitting outside the shop now for a few days and as far as I am aware the light is still on. I am trying to put my mothers mind at ease that her brand new truck won't be a lemon but I am not around in person to help her out with the issue.
Personally i'd walk away from that truck,temp changes shouldn't turn on the ABS light,especially on a brand new truck

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed, don't take it until the problem is resolved. And by resolved I don't mean just clear the code. Get, in writing, the details of what they found and what they did. Start a paper trail for future reference.

bueller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

bueller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
100% agree with you. Don't take possession of that vehicle until ram replaces what they need to replace. I have the same issue with my 2018 and all over ram country. We are suffering from parts made in China, specifically the ABS module and pump for the electronic braking system etc. This problem has been going on for about 5 years now and ram has to be able to fix what's going on instead of passing on the mechanical repair cost to their clients.

I'm still waiting on these parts from China for the last 3 months.

Spindrifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
100% agree with you. Don't take possession of that vehicle until ram replaces what they need to replace. I have the same issue with my 2018 and all over ram country. We are suffering from parts made in China, specifically the ABS module and pump for the electronic braking system etc. This problem has been going on for about 5 years now and ram has to be able to fix what's going on instead of passing on the mechanical repair cost to their clients.

I'm still waiting on these parts from China for the last 3 months.
Great... I just started having this problem (ABS light etc) and it would really suck to not have a fix for it. Why isn't there a recall on this? I'll chase wires and check fuses but it sounds like this is a very common issue with the ABS module.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
Do NOT take possession of THAT truck.
Something is very obviously wrong and you don't want to get stuck with it.
Demand that they give back the trade in vehicle and find another dealer.
NO DEAL!!!!
No reputable dealer would try to fob off a truck showing ABS codes to your Mom.
Do they expect Mom to drop it for warranty work on the day after she takes delivery?
This is ridiculous.