ABS light, Brake light, + U1412 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericshup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys,

So my ABS, brake, and check engine lights are on.

The codes I can get are U1412(Implausible Speed Confirmed), U1414(Left Wheel Sensor), U1418(Right Wheel Sensor), and C2200 (?).

I changed the RWAL speed sensor on top of the rear diff (no change), but not sure about the parts for the front ABS sensors. All the sensors I see online for the front are for 4WD. Are they compatible with 2WD?

Also, does it sound right that they would all go out at the same time?

I did some searching, but everything says to replace the RWAL sensor I already did. Can anyone help me fill in some blanks before I bite the bullet and go to the dealer?

(2008 1500, 5.7, 2WD)

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I've been wrestling with various ABS issues on my truck as well. Latest being the front right ABS throwing a code. They're about $30-$40 per cable on eBay or Amazon. Decided to buy 2 and have 1 as a spare when the left one goes.

Pretty simple to get to on my 2004. Remove tire, brake caliper, caliper bracket and rotor. ABS wire runs from the back of the hub to an electrical connector on the underside of the tire well cover.

Several "how to" videos on YouTube.

Good luck.

Sent from San Antonio, Texas

OP
OP
E

ericshup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the replies guys. It took a while, but I found the part numbers for the 2WD front ABS sensors and have them on order from RA.

I hope that takes care of it, cause I don't feel like replacing the ABS Controller myself, and I bet it'll get pretty expensive.

OP
OP
E

ericshup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Weird update:

Driving home today, brake lights are still on (waiting on parts), and the engine cuts out while on the highway at about 60mph. I drop it into neutral, start the engine, back into drive, and keep going.

And guess what? All of the sudden my speedo works and the brake lights go out. There was a little bit of bouncing of the speedo, but it matched the GPS speed perfectly.

Pull into the driveway at home, and before I can turn it off, ABS and Brake light are back on. Restart and take a drive around the block, lights still on and no speedo.

This is making me a bit uncomfortable while waiting on the front sensors to come in from Rock Auto.

OP
OP
E

ericshup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So if I'm in neutral when I start the truck, no warning lights come on.

I also found something that said my ignition switch cylinder might be causing the issue. I pulled the barrel out, hit it with brake cleaner followed by some wd40, and now no more warning lights.

I really hate electrical systems.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45