ABS light, parking brake light, no speedo, no exhaust brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed Elzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Took the truck for a Sunday drive, 5 miles into it truck surges hard and dies. Pull to side of road, attempt to immedietly restart truck acts like its flooded. Turn off key wait about a minute. Truck starts fine , resume drive, 55 with cruise on. 3 miles later, cruise kicks off, abs light comes on along with parking brake light and no speedometer. But its running, drive back home.

Plug in scanner, no codes, try it with the key, again no codes.

Repace the rear wheel speed sensor per many notes on here. Lights still on, no speedo. Attempt to use scanner to acces ABS module, reports no communication?

Check fuses, 15 amp #30 Power Run/Start-ABS/RWAL/Smart bar/YAW sensor/Universal Exhaust Gas Oxygen sensor controller appeared blown, replace fuse. Attmept to start truck, truck runs exceedingly rough, have to step on gas rev over 1800 for about 30 seconds, then truck runs normal. Warning lights still on

Turn off truck, re-start, truck runs normal still has warning lights. Still no codes with both scanner and key method.

So the question is am I chasing one problem or 2? Can't figure out why it is running with blown fuse. And frankly don't know where to start.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Longhorn edition, 4x4 6 inch lift, 6.7 with deletes and EFI flashed live tune. Besides upgrading suspension trucks a nice unit for 224, 608 miles. Love the 21 to 25 mpg!

aRBee4863

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I think you're going to have to get the dealer part like me. I think either there's something they aren't doing right on the auto-parts store sensors (missing proprietary mopar nonsense) or it's 50/50 china parts quality.

See:

Jademoon1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
we had the abs and no speedometer and changed the sensor as well on the rear pumpkin. Our issue ended up being the extension wire one of the wires werent attached to the connector. removed extension and resolved

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963