ABS Module 6822-8991 AD for 2014 1500 5.7 Express Backordered Until August...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

v10enomous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My ABS, Traction Control and Parking Brake lights are all on all the time. This was happening intermittently after I launched and trailered my boat a few times. It would come and go and I could get it to reset with the OBD scanner temporarily but now it always comes on immediately and stays on. Two reputable shops used their more comprehensive scanners and both said it needs a new ABS module. I really don't want to take it to the dealer. As it turns out the modules are on back order until August and they're $945. I looked at the refurbs on Amazon and they seem to be units just cut out of salvage vehicles based on the pictures in the reviews. Truck has 86K miles.

Any thoughts on how to proceed or find a new or decent refurb Part # 6822-8991 AD ?

StaggleB1111

Reaction score
Ram Year
I am in this same exact position. This ABS module is giving me a serious headache and is on backorder and has been for months. I brought the truck to 2 different shops (because I don't want to mess with brakes) and they both said that I need to replace the ABS module with the same part number as you listed. Except the difference is, 1 shop said I would not need programming and quoted me only for the price of the labor if I brought a used part, and the other shop was a $1500 quote (used part w/ no guarantee, labor, programming, etc) It is so confusing and I am not sure what to do. Have you found a solution yet? I was driving the truck but after watching several videos, I am a bit concerned about the actual safety of driving it when this light is on.