Abs module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LI Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I need a Abs module and have searched dealerships and parts outlets with no results. I keep getting " backordered with no delivery date".. Already got ripped off once .. any suggestions?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you talking the electronic module, or the valve block?

Have you checked with salvage yards online? If you don't see one on ebay, that would be another idea to check. Or LKQ to see if any of their yards have a compatible vehicle. I've bought a number of parts, including whole front clips (for rebuilders) from LKQ:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also, check with some of the speedometer and other module repair services online. They 'may' test and/or recondition ABS modules. I don't know this for sure, but it's worth doing a few searches for. If you want brand new, have you had your dealer do a national part's search (all the chrysler parts warehouses and dealer inventory) for a module?

OP
OP
LI Guy

LI Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
My dealership says there is no date for orders of this part to be filled. Plus they can only order 1 per week and there are 7 orders in front of mine . Ebay has the part ranging from $650 to $800 for this $250 part..Dont mind waiting (its a $1100 repair job) except the constant chime going off...

Dudro612

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 Ram, my ABS module went out in the summer of 2021. Dealer quoted me $2200 to fix the issue. I ordered a module for $550 from CARID.com seemed to be the cheapest place I could find online. Swapped it out in about 5 mins. Then took it to the dealer to reprogram because it has to recognize the VIN. Dealer charged $150 to reprogram and I was on my way.

MikeinJaxHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been waiting on one since summer of 2021 and no date for it to be available in sight yet.

MikeinJaxHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2015 Ram, my ABS module went out in the summer of 2021. Dealer quoted me $2200 to fix the issue. I ordered a module for $550 from CARID.com seemed to be the cheapest place I could find online. Swapped it out in about 5 mins. Then took it to the dealer to reprogram because it has to recognize the VIN. Dealer charged $150 to reprogram and I was on my way.
What was your part number, I'm looking for a part #68228991AD

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I think Cardone rebuilds them. Here is a link to Repair and Return service. The form has their phone number so check to make sure. They did a DEF pump for me. Took 30 days from when I sent to the day I received back. Cardone does not do direct to consumer. They only work through authorized parts warehouses. Rock Auto is an authorized Cardone warehouse. If Cardone can rebuild it, Rock Auto can help you place the order.

Last edited:

Dudro612

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What was your part number, I'm looking for a part #68228991AD
same: 68228991AD

I think Cardone rebuilds them. Here is a link to Repair and Return service. The form has their phone number so check to make sure. They did a DEF pump for me. Took 30 days from when I sent to the day I received back. Cardone does not do direct to consumer. They only work through authorized parts warehouses. Rock Auto is an authorized Cardone warehouse. If Cardone can rebuild it, Rock Auto can help you place the order.

That is good to hear. I will have to give them a call because I still have the old one. Would be good to have it rebuiit for someone as it seems to be a popular part to go out.

MikeinJaxHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Call these guys......smartphone saying in stock but sometime phone not so smart.......LoL
I called them as well, they show it in stock but if you talk to them it is not in stock.

MikeinJaxHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

That is good information, I may have to call them, sure do wish the turnaround was better, but maybe I can buy a cheap car to get around in while it is being fixed.

OP
OP
LI Guy

LI Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Update on my abs situation,part was not available at the time of diagnosis ,waited from Oct. . til finally getting the abs module at the dealership in February. Dealership installed both and and hydraulic pump ..that lasted 4 days when the dashboard lit up again. Brought it back as the engine check light also came on with the abs and service electric brake icons . Well,after the dealership looked at it I was told the DEF pump siezed and my hydraulic pump failed.. ok DEF covered under warranty but not the hydraulic pump( wtf) ..told them both were installed by them should be covered..seems the mechanic never installed the hydraulic pump originally just the abs module yet I was charged for both installs. I got to say the service guy was a gem..went thru the records with the parts Dept and sure enough the hydraulic pump was never given to the mechanic. All said and done all installed no charge.. fingers crossed this problem doesn't happen again btw 24 month / unlimited mileage on parts and labor.

mikemorris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update on my abs situation,part was not available at the time of diagnosis ,waited from Oct. . til finally getting the abs module at the dealership in February. Dealership installed both and and hydraulic pump ..that lasted 4 days when the dashboard lit up again. Brought it back as the engine check light also came on with the abs and service electric brake icons . Well,after the dealership looked at it I was told the DEF pump siezed and my hydraulic pump failed.. ok DEF covered under warranty but not the hydraulic pump( wtf) ..told them both were installed by them should be covered..seems the mechanic never installed the hydraulic pump originally just the abs module yet I was charged for both installs. I got to say the service guy was a gem..went thru the records with the parts Dept and sure enough the hydraulic pump was never given to the mechanic. All said and done all installed no charge.. fingers crossed this problem doesn't happen again btw 24 month / unlimited mileage on parts and labor.
Good afternoon, did this work for you? Was diagnosed with a bad module in Nov 21. Have been driving with no cruise control, no Abs,
constant lights on. Told the module was on back order till 2023. Then was told to have dealer submit a new diagnosis and Ram Cares would try to expedite. Took it in today and now they say bad module and bad pump. $2500.00. And "not safe to drive".
Not safe to drive and yet parts on backorder! Anything I should try that I may be missing? Thanks

OP
OP
LI Guy

LI Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Sorry for the delay in responding..I had the same diagnosis and have since had both replaced. All good since replacement.

Khaled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,
Happy new year,
Is Abs module of RAM 1500, 2015 discontinued?
Khaled