abs traction control service 4x4 light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dutra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, already checked. This is a known issue on Rams. Lots of articles on this online

Johnnyroastbeef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
SO i brought the truck to my mechanic and brought him Genuine MOPAR parts, both front wheel speed sensor AND ABS Module. He installed both and said once he put in the new ABS Module it set off every code in the entire truck! He told me he researched everything he could and couldn't get the codes cleared. He said either it's the wrong part, or it requires dealer programming. He put the old ABS Module back in and all the codes went away.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
SO i brought the truck to my mechanic and brought him Genuine MOPAR parts, both front wheel speed sensor AND ABS Module. He installed both and said once he put in the new ABS Module it set off every code in the entire truck! He told me he researched everything he could and couldn't get the codes cleared. He said either it's the wrong part, or it requires dealer programming. He put the old ABS Module back in and all the codes went away.

You have to do an ABS Initialization. Can be performed with AlphaOBD or advanced scan tool.
The mechanic should know this.
20230403_092322.jpg

Johnnyroastbeef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
he said the module wouldn't let him in to do the initialization. any advice?
I'm assuming it's his scan tool but who knows.
sounds like my next move is bite the bullet and take it to the dealer.

Last edited:

ReiTumber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have this issue on my ‘09 ram 1500. I know it isn’t the brake sensor as it happens randomly as I am driving. I had it scanned and it gives codes for the passenger side rear wheel speed sensor. I replaced that and the connector and it is still occurring. What else can I try without throwing money at it hoping for a fix?

ReiTumber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have this issue on my ‘09 ram 1500. I know it isn’t the brake sensor as it happens randomly as I am driving. I had it scanned and it gives codes for the passenger side rear wheel speed sensor. I replaced that and the connector and it is still occurring. What else can I try without throwing money at it hoping for a fix?
Found the issue…. I went and had the dealer test everything and they said it wasn’t the abs module or pump. They said it was something with the right rear tire. I got under the truck and followed the cable back and I noticed that the connectors holding it to the chassis had broken and the cable was laying across the exhaust pipe. I hooked it back up and the issue has been gone since

Johnnyroastbeef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
So update on this issue, I had the right front wheel speed sensor replaced. it fixed the issue...BUT I understand a lot of posts suggest it's not actually a permanent fix and the issue will return. it's been a few months and it has not returned yet. I'll update my post if/when all the lights come back on.

OP
OP
J

joshysock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
U1418 implausible wheel distance signal received; I do not have power coming from each speed sensor connecter.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio