AC freon leaking out of high side schrader valve.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

souperbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab with a 5.9 gas engine. My schrader valve on the high side is leaking. Can you tell me if I have to replace the high side line in order to replace the schrader valve or is there a way of taking it out without replacing the line . Please go into detail if it is replacable.The schrader valve the parts house gave me is bigger than the hole where the schrader valve screws into. Please reply ASAP! I live in Florida and it is still in the 90's. Thank you

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab with a 5.9 gas engine. My schrader valve on the high side is leaking. Can you tell me if I have to replace the high side line in order to replace the schrader valve or is there a way of taking it out without replacing the line . Please go into detail if it is replacable.The schrader valve the parts house gave me is bigger than the hole where the schrader valve screws into. Please reply ASAP! I live in Florida and it is still in the 90's. Thank you

Honestly go to an AC shop. You can get away with just the valve they fail all the time.

This happened on my 2007 Jeep liberty, they replaced the valve and recharged the system for around $80.

txtrucker75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 5.9
You can buy just the schrader valves at any parts store and replace them yourself a lot cheaper than taking it to a shop and letting them do it.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can change that part in less than a minute. As for vac the system down and refill is a different story. I wouldnt refill unless you can pull the air out first. Sure it would work with those autzone cans, but the water in the air here in florida will slowly corrode the guts of your gear.