Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AC temperature at vents

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Sparky399, Jul 27, 2020.

1. crash68

crash68 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    You can stop trying to explain to me what an expansion valve looks like, I've probably installed, replaced and adjusted more than most. I'd be impressed if you could tell me what 30 ton capacity rooftops used a single 15 ton Alco expansion valve, and why it works.
    As I described where the expansion valve is located back in post #39, it is bolted to the connections of the evaporator. It's part number is: 68417140AA
    Looks like this: Screenshot_20200731-225803~2.png
    the head points twords the passenger side

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  2. MRFREEZE57

MRFREEZE57 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    not trying to get into a pissing contest, am curios where it is at as can not see it from under the hood and wondering if it is behind the fire wall.
    my 38 years was majority supermarket systems and believe me I have replaced, adjusted and cleaned many txv's mainly due to these new blanking refrigerants. also did some rooftop AC and heat pump work.
    as far as your 30 ton question, not off the top of my head, can you tell me where the pressure differential valve is for the 2 pipe hot gas defrost on a Hussmann split suction parallel rack and what PD it is set for?

LarryRAM likes this.
  3. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I'm wondering which trucks are affected by this more than others? I have a 14 Express that originally came with the standard single zone manual temp control system. I have since pulled the dash and replaced the HVAC box and installed and programmed the dual zone ATC system so I've had both manual single and auto dual zone systems in my truck and both of them will literally freeze me out if I turn it all the way down. It gets well into the 100s here in the summer but not a lot of humidity so I guess that could be a factor as well. I'm going to put a gauge on mine when I get a chance just to check.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. Mitch1204

Mitch1204 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9L Cummins Diesel
    47-50° is normal. If you want better cooling performance try tinting your windows.

5. tom martley

tom martley Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 ecodiesel

6. tom martley

tom martley Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 ecodiesel
    I have a 2019 limited 1500 that does not get very cool on warm days. I took into dealer and they told me it had low fill from factory and recharged the system. I am not happy with it, still not very cool. It just another poor design by Ram they will never admit to. Just like the air suspension on my 2014 Limited, it went flat 3 times, dealer refilled and told me there was not a problem because their computer told them there was no problem. Even though the gas leaked out 3 times there was no problem???

7. Corey Adams

Corey Adams Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I had a 2019 Big Horn and now a 2020 Laramie. The same issue with both trucks. Don’t get me wrong, I love Ram trucks but I think their HVAC systems suck in general. Seems like it needs to be more robust. My wife has a new Lincoln Nautilus and that ac will freeze you out. Totally different then what Ram calls normal!

8. mlappin

mlappin Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 Cummins
    AC does two things and it always does them in this order, removes humidity and lowers air temp. If your humidity is high enough then it won’t lower the air temp as much. However since dry air is still more comfortable than a steam bath depending on your ambient conditions it may be working as well as it can.

9. Gone

Gone Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Try this for a day disconnect the two heater hoses from water pump connect a hose make a loop back to water pump .. thank me later lol.

My ac is ice cold i love this simple fix...
    FB03312A-D293-43F9-BB33-A61E9AFCCFB0.jpeg

10. Flryder

Flryder Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    My 2012 has A/C so cold I usually run it at the first fan speed after the initial cool down from sitting in the sun. I live on the West central coast of FL and we have high humidity. My truck is white and that does help.