Accelerator pedal too far to the right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
1.5" between edge of pedal and the carpet plus the width of the pedal.... That should bring you to close to 4" atleast.... Your saying you can't center your foot in there meaning your boot would have to be over 6" wide. I would suggest giving Ronald McDonald his shoes back and buying proper footwear to drive with.
Really though, it sounds like you're nit picking over a non-existent issue. If your foot is placed in the proper location, heel slightly to left of fuel, it allows you safely rotate your foot from fuel to brake as required.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mark Fabris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Bench seats, tradesmen, non adjustable. Thinking about gluing the carpet to the floor and vent. It’s molded correctly but it bulges out.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
me at 5'3"
I do have to lift my foot off the gas to use the brake. For both of us it is very uncomfortable to have your leg rotated out to swing your toe to the right to reach the gas and then only your toe is on the gas pedal.
I've seen this concern a few times from people with shorter legs. The foot twists as the leg extends to the accelerator, requiring more room to the right of the petal.

You can get the 3500 or the F-350 with adjustable petals which will allow you to move the petals towards the seat allowing for better foot contact, more clearance to the right of the petal if still needed, and most likely a better and safer over all driving position.

Pedal Extenders are also available if the range of adjustment is not enough, or if you purchase a vehicle without the feature.

You may still need to find footwear with a sturdy heal to avoid needing to lift your foot between petals. I had a coworker that used petal extenders and dress shoes with a triple heel that allowed him to rest his heal on the floor and still pivot between the petals.