Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accelerator pedal too far to the right?

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty' started by jrs2831, Feb 2, 2020.

1. canadiankodiak700

canadiankodiak700 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.7L Pentastar
    1.5" between edge of pedal and the carpet plus the width of the pedal.... That should bring you to close to 4" atleast.... Your saying you can't center your foot in there meaning your boot would have to be over 6" wide. I would suggest giving Ronald McDonald his shoes back and buying proper footwear to drive with.
    Really though, it sounds like you're nit picking over a non-existent issue. If your foot is placed in the proper location, heel slightly to left of fuel, it allows you safely rotate your foot from fuel to brake as required.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. Mark Fabris

Mark Fabris Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4l Hemi
    Bench seats, tradesmen, non adjustable. Thinking about gluing the carpet to the floor and vent. It’s molded correctly but it bulges out.

3. Tim7139

Tim7139 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2015 SSV 4x4 Crew
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi w/6 speed
    I've seen this concern a few times from people with shorter legs. The foot twists as the leg extends to the accelerator, requiring more room to the right of the petal.

You can get the 3500 or the F-350 with adjustable petals which will allow you to move the petals towards the seat allowing for better foot contact, more clearance to the right of the petal if still needed, and most likely a better and safer over all driving position.

Pedal Extenders are also available if the range of adjustment is not enough, or if you purchase a vehicle without the feature.

You may still need to find footwear with a sturdy heal to avoid needing to lift your foot between petals. I had a coworker that used petal extenders and dress shoes with a triple heel that allowed him to rest his heal on the floor and still pivot between the petals.