Acquiring Signal Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borninbetsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2014 1500 with a Uconnect 8.4 been working great until this morning. Now the satellite radio just says it's acquiring signal but it never happens. Everything else works fine. I did the hold both buttons until it reboots. Sirius XM customer service is non-existent with the covid 19 epidemic. Any ideas?

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 1500 with a Uconnect 8.4 been working great until this morning. Now the satellite radio just says it's acquiring signal but it never happens. Everything else works fine. I did the hold both buttons until it reboots. Sirius XM customer service is non-existent with the covid 19 epidemic. Any ideas?

I had a similar issue a while back. You can go to the Sirus website and do a reset. That sometimes helps. In my case it didn't. Ending up having a different customer service person call me after leaving a negative review in a customer survey I was sent when I complained about how unhelpful the person I spoke with originally was. They ended up completely closing my account and then re opening it with a different signal and it's been fine since then. They also gave me the next year subscription free which I felt more than compensated for my trouble. It may also be an issue with your XM antenna or cable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
borninbetsy

borninbetsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks! I'll try to get someone with customer service again. I was on hold for a long time and got nobody but a repeated recording about their staff and the virus.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Is in on one cycle, like one start up and this did it, or several start up cycles?

OP
OP
borninbetsy

borninbetsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is in on one cycle, like one start up and this did it, or several start up cycles?
I'd say at least 10 starts today. I sent support an email since that seems like the only option with them at the moment.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I'd say at least 10 starts today. I sent support an email since that seems like the only option with them at the moment.

wow...ok, yup, sounds like an issue then.

GL

OP
OP
borninbetsy

borninbetsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Still doing it this morning.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
When you look in settings does it show "subscribed" for SiriusXM? The refresh signal / account issues usually cause it to say "unsubscribed" meaning it is getting a signal but their is an account / authorization problem. If you have Nav, does it still work?

OP
OP
borninbetsy

borninbetsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It does say subscribed and navigation, uConnect, camera and all other audio is okay.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It does say subscribed and navigation, uConnect, camera and all other audio is okay.

The navigation uses the same antenna wire as the XM radio so it's most likely not a cable issue since your Nav works. It's the mustard colored cable on the back of the radio. It would seem your antenna is ok as well because the Nav works and they both get there signal from satellites but I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully it's just an issue with Sirius and you can get it taken care of if you are ever able to get a hold of them. I have seen some guys loose there Sirius signal and it was actually a radio issue but it's pretty uncommon with the RA3/RA4 radios. One thing you might want to try is a soft reset on the radio. Start the truck and press the volume and browse buttons simultaneously until the radio re boots. It might not make any difference but it's worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
borninbetsy

borninbetsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll give it a try

OP
OP
borninbetsy

borninbetsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got into the diagnostic menu and it definitely sees the antenna but no signal. 296fcdcad1a685b87ecc69b1f1cd0896.jpg1a572293bb4a031f8887e5bbbbc89bd2.jpg

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hate to say it.but it's probably the tuner in the radio.have a ra3 doing this now.confirmed by changing boards.you could check with nav repair but would be cheaper getting another unit.if you could find a unit for parts cheap and swap the boards you may have some luck.in along shot you could pull the radio and unhook and rebook the mustard connector.did it come with the truck stock?

OP
OP
borninbetsy

borninbetsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks, yes it did.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

phantomfixer

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should be able to to a signal refresh without talking to customer service.I think it's an option when you call them or visit their website.resending-your-radio-signal

Last edited:

Eddie S

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6

I'm only here for the avatar..........

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Try pulling the battery cable off for a little while and turn the lights on. I had this issue and I did this and it rebooted everything.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
borninbetsy

borninbetsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the tips. Still no reply from my email to Sirius XM but I understand. I've done everything easy that I can but pull the fuse, gonna do that tomorrow. if that doesn't work I'll get a portable antenna and try that. I'd just replace the whole unit with aftermarket but don't want to lose the year of uConnect I just paid for.

Maturin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2011 1500 Big Horn and it has recently started dropping the Sirius signal on a random basis. One day it works, then the next day it doesn't. Sirius are no help. The first time they did the 'turn it off, remove the ignition key, open the door, close the door etc etc' and it started working again. Since then I have tried refreshing the signal - which does nothing - and finally just resigned myself to not having it work at all unless it feels like it. Sirius say it's the radio, but I'm not convinced it isn't the antenna - I don't have Nav. so I can't tell for sure.

Factory-Stereo-R-2612-1-detailed-image-1.jpg