Active shutter delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black_Nite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for a kit to delete the shutters without getting a code

beebop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't need a kit, search "active shutter delete" here on the forum for all the info.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for a kit to delete the shutters without getting a code

There is a guy on facebook that sells a kit, believe its Jason Duria.
On 2 different 4th gens I pulled all slats out of the active shutters accept the top and bottom rows. This leave 4 slats so motor sees resistance and Never a code.
Always hated temps fluctuating while hiway cruising and now it is steady and overall temp dropped from 210-212 to 204-206

Josh22855

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You do not need any of that stuff, simply leave the actuator plugged in and secure it in the engine bay somewhere. That is what I did, no issues.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You do not need any of that stuff, simply leave the actuator plugged in and secure it in the engine bay somewhere. That is what I did, no issues.

Most trucks will throw a code after about 600 miles when done that way,unless the shutters have been deleted via a tune.I'm guessing your truck might have them deleted in the tune,if you haven't had any codes pop up.Usually you need a way to allow the arm to still move,but not over extend,Jasons kit is a good way,it's also been done using a screw through the housing. If your tuned you can get your tuner to delete the actuator,but if you're basically stock or running just a canned tune,Jasons kit is one of the better ways to delete the shutters

nihilo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 flex
new member here, just got a 2016 1500 quad cab, it was an auction car.. after the repair, I didn't reinstall the grill shutters, but kept the motor.. and now it's giving me the CEL code..

Is there a way to remove the motor and just hotwire the wires together somehow? since I don't have the original shutter, I have no idea which position the actuator arm was or is supposed to be.. I've seen the ways people delete this (either the CFT bolt method and the L bracket method), but I don't know what the starting position or the ending position has to be, or what range it's supposed to travel..

nihilo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 flex
no, I don't.. the truck had front end damage, and I decided against buying the active shutter grill.. and i don't want to buy one only to demolish it by removing the shutters..

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
new member here, just got a 2016 1500 quad cab, it was an auction car.. after the repair, I didn't reinstall the grill shutters, but kept the motor.. and now it's giving me the CEL code..

Is there a way to remove the motor and just hotwire the wires together somehow? since I don't have the original shutter, I have no idea which position the actuator arm was or is supposed to be.. I've seen the ways people delete this (either the CFT bolt method and the L bracket method), but I don't know what the starting position or the ending position has to be, or what range it's supposed to travel..
Hunt up Jason ,there's a link to him above,and get his kit.

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You don't need a kit, search "active shutter delete" here on the forum for all the info.
Drill out a tab and put a bolt thru the hole with two nuts on the end, /done.

I have the link to the how to in my lifter / hot oil thread.

$3 no codes for 1k miles so far.