Adam's int cleaners just not cutting it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, definitely got you on that.

Ive done Leatherique to my 2011 G37 twice. I think it is worth it, now, because you can see where the "piping" is starting to wear down from me getting in and out of the car. So that leather/vinyl is "open" to the oils, etc from the Leatherique. At some point it will need to be fixed, but for now I take care of it the best I can.

OP
OP
Itsme71190

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depends on the coating and condition of the coating, one look at the OP's coating and I can say it will make his leather subtle feeling. When you see shiney leather you just clean it, when you see faded or drab leather you use leatherique, it is truly food for the hyde. In hot cars leather coatings don't really last long. Anyhow, seams like this guy found something that worked, but the info is here for the next guy.
I just moved to vegas. On black leather with this heat what do you recommend for it?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I just moved to vegas. On black leather with this heat what do you recommend for it?

If you want a more detailed process and a longer result, look into the Leatherique system, like I said it is condition first and then clean. The conditioner goes into the leather. You need to pay attention to the process, look at the youtubes on it. For a straight two step cleaner and then non oily conditioner, I like Zaino z9 and z10, you would have to do that at least once a month, maybe every two weeks in summer, as opposed to Leatherique 4 times a year, especially in that heat. If the truck is outside all day when the sun is out, Leatherique repeatedly will probably at least double the life of the seats. Eventually weight of a human will degrade the seats regardless. But I'd look at proper care going from 10 to 20 years on that. I'd say leather lasts about ten years if you do nothing, twenty of you care for it correctly. That was in santa barbara fairly sunny place, maybe vegas a little less. I've never used Adam's, I'm sorry I haven't, maybe I could tell you more what I think on that.

Another thing to look into is Obenauf's, it's funny you can buy a brand new pair of coated leather boots and put that stuff on and within a couple days it's gone, why? Did it evaporate? NO, it sunk into the leather or the coating whatever. That is what you want. The difference between this and Leatherique, is the conditioning process removes deep in dirt, and then you clean it off. Whereas other stuff like this stuff just sinks in. You might want to use this stuff where the leather is still coated well, if it is. GL, Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
OP
OP
Itsme71190

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
haha, thanks for all the replys guys. ill keep using the adams till it is gone and look for another dedicated leather conditioning. my neighbor has a hook up for uv protection tint for all windows including windshield. ill end up doing that too. i also said screw it and bought a dedicated vehicle for dog uber. found a deal on a 01 4runner with 150k on it paid 3k. we also plan on doing some overlanding which is the primary purpose of it, haha

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Yes sir. I used your interior cleaner, detail, and leather cleaner/conditioner with the applicator pads. My problem is I have 3 huskys who carry alot of dirt and dander after a day in the mountains. I'm going to try what was mentioned above and spray the cleaner directly onto the surface and rub it with a boars hair brush.
Use Adams multipurpose foaming cleaner or their eco APC dilluted 5:1 first before using the leather cleaner as described. Yes you’re doing it twice but it will cut your scrub time in half and you’ll get better results. Coming from a guy with 2 dogs one being a 130lb lab and a lake house. I also went to harbor freight and bought a bunch of their shipping blankets for $2.99 each that I use to cover as much as I can

OP
OP
Itsme71190

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Use Adams multipurpose foaming cleaner or their eco APC dilluted 5:1 first before using the leather cleaner as described. Yes you’re doing it twice but it will cut your scrub time in half and you’ll get better results. Coming from a guy with 2 dogs one being a 130lb lab and a lake house. I also went to harbor freight and bought a bunch of their shipping blankets for $2.99 each that I use to cover as much as I can
what I ended up doing is their all purpose and a drill brush attachment. works fantastic. I use a sheet and cover everything but they like to destroy the door panels.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
what I ended up doing is their all purpose and a drill brush attachment. works fantastic. I use a sheet and cover everything but they like to destroy the door panels.
And rub their snoots on every piece of glass ahahahaha glad you got a cleaning method

OP
OP
Itsme71190

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And rub their snoots on every piece of glass ahahahaha glad you got a cleaning method
you know it. the ultimate trick for keeping my ram clean is............. I bought an 01 4runner for 3k with 150k on the clock.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
4C6492DF-8343-4A6D-A1E0-CE5158240972.jpeg
you know it. the ultimate trick for keeping my ram clean is............. I bought an 01 4runner for 3k with 150k on the clock.
Hahahahaha awesome I acquired an 03 avalanche that has been the official dog truck for the last year. That’s great!!!! :)
No seat cover required

Last edited:

JSMITH8505

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS
While I wouldn't use it on Leather, I've found that "Purple Power" works great on EVERY other surface, especially when removing dirt and grease stains from the floor level plastic trim, the carpet, and door panels in all my cars and trucks.

I have a car I drive Uber with, and with a light tan carpet, and people who slide over the center hump and kick/scuff the center console this has been a game changer. My 4 year old Passat looks brand new inside.