Adam's int cleaners just not cutting it

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Itsme71190, Dec 30, 2018.

1. chrisbh17

chrisbh17 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yep, definitely got you on that.

Ive done Leatherique to my 2011 G37 twice. I think it is worth it, now, because you can see where the "piping" is starting to wear down from me getting in and out of the car. So that leather/vinyl is "open" to the oils, etc from the Leatherique. At some point it will need to be fixed, but for now I take care of it the best I can.

2. Itsme71190

Itsme71190 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I just moved to vegas. On black leather with this heat what do you recommend for it?

3. Burla

Burla Senior Member Military Member

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    If you want a more detailed process and a longer result, look into the Leatherique system, like I said it is condition first and then clean. The conditioner goes into the leather. You need to pay attention to the process, look at the youtubes on it. For a straight two step cleaner and then non oily conditioner, I like Zaino z9 and z10, you would have to do that at least once a month, maybe every two weeks in summer, as opposed to Leatherique 4 times a year, especially in that heat. If the truck is outside all day when the sun is out, Leatherique repeatedly will probably at least double the life of the seats. Eventually weight of a human will degrade the seats regardless. But I'd look at proper care going from 10 to 20 years on that. I'd say leather lasts about ten years if you do nothing, twenty of you care for it correctly. That was in santa barbara fairly sunny place, maybe vegas a little less. I've never used Adam's, I'm sorry I haven't, maybe I could tell you more what I think on that.

Another thing to look into is Obenauf's, it's funny you can buy a brand new pair of coated leather boots and put that stuff on and within a couple days it's gone, why? Did it evaporate? NO, it sunk into the leather or the coating whatever. That is what you want. The difference between this and Leatherique, is the conditioning process removes deep in dirt, and then you clean it off. Whereas other stuff like this stuff just sinks in. You might want to use this stuff where the leather is still coated well, if it is. GL, Burla

4. Burla

Burla Senior Member Military Member

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
  5. emjohn4

emjohn4 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7

Maybe spring for the $30 cover - because it seems like the $20 cover ruined the interior by making it a bit Tundraish. ;):)

6. Itsme71190

Itsme71190 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    haha, thanks for all the replys guys. ill keep using the adams till it is gone and look for another dedicated leather conditioning. my neighbor has a hook up for uv protection tint for all windows including windshield. ill end up doing that too. i also said screw it and bought a dedicated vehicle for dog uber. found a deal on a 01 4runner with 150k on it paid 3k. we also plan on doing some overlanding which is the primary purpose of it, haha