ADD FACTORY REMOTE START 2020 PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Bad Bud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does anyone have the facts about adding factory remote start to 2020 Power Wagon? Parts needed, sales code, minimum requirements etc?

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
Does it have Uconnect? If so you can always use your smart phone. May be easier than getting all that crap together. just a thought. I use mine all the time in the winter to start it when I am out of range of my truck.

Last edited:

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m really surprised that’s not a standard feature on the PW. That Uconnect is free for the first year but after that they want somewhere around $20/month. I didn’t see the value in that for me but could see how it would for others. I know you didn’t ask about UConnect but you have something while figuring out the factory remote start. Still can’t believe your truck didn’t come with that. I figured only work trucks come without that now.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar sells factory retrofit remote start kits...did a quick search and found a listing for a kit for the 2019 2500's but nothing came up for the 2020. Looks like most of these kits are around $250 plus you have to take it to a dealer to program. Looking at the description of most of the kits it is 2 key fobs and the hood latch switch. Probably has a security key number or something that the dealership programs in to activate it. Besides for the hood latch switch there typically isn't any other actual mechanical change needed as all of the starting goes through the BCM now. On my 2014 Chevrolet I had it retrofitted with a factory remote start system that was just two key fobs and the securing code number. Dealer charged me $75 and took 30 minutes to program it. Will have to say that the Chevy system is much nicer. The key fobs have a much greater range (I can be in the check out lane at the store and remote start my car out in the parking lot with the fob, plus they have a free phone app that has all of the fob features.

BlackOps6

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added a factory remote starter to my 2016 Ram Express. The kit cost me $275 and the dealer charged me 3 hours of labor @ $150 hr. I had this done about 2 months ago.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I've thought about adding the remote start to my 2018 but also switching it to the push button start which would be unique. I think when I looked up the kit it was roughly 400

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Does it have Uconnect? If so you can always use your smart phone. May be easier than getting all that crap together. just a thought. I use mine all the time in the winter to start it when I am out of range of my truck.
Needs to have factory remote start to use it in uconnect. My 2019 classic has dealer installed mopar remote start, didn't work with uconnect

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk