Added Power Folding Tow Mirrors to my 2014 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLSTEVE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Really got tired of rolling down my driver window and manually folding my driver outside rearview mirror in every time I pulled into my garage so I finally bit the bullet and bought the stuff I needed to convert to power folding mirrors. My truck is an early 2014, made in 12/2013, which affects the door modules but not the driver side switch. Here is my parts list that I bought, along with the part numbers of the things that I replaced:

Door Modules(New)

Driver Side: 68225103AD
Passenger Side: 68225102AD

Driver Side Door Switch: 68298867AA

Part Numbers of the Parts I Replaced:

Door Modules(Old)

Driver Side: 68155771AE
Passenger Side: 6815770AE

Driver Side Door Switch: 68110866AA

I can't tell you how many times I was turned away by Ram Dealers, telling me what I was trying to do was not possible because of computer issues, but I finally found a place in Lakeland, Florida that sent me parts that I thought would replace the stuff I had and turn my manual mirrors into magical power folding mirrors. Should have known when the guy asked me for my VIN that the jig was up, but I didn't figure it out until the parts arrived in the mail. He sent me the same parts that were in my truck according to the VIN. Sent them back and when they called to get my CC number to reimburse me, I talked to a different parts guy and explained my situation to him. He said he would try and get me the right parts, using the credit from the first order, AND HE DID! Got the box of new parts today, put everything in, and they work! I also used OBd Genie computer programmer for power folding mirrors, by the way. Anyway, very happy with the results. If anyone is looking for manual folding tow mirrors, I have a set for sale. They are power adjust, heated, with turn signal and puddle light, black plastic. I also have the accompanying door modules and correct driver side door switch. I'll sell everything for $350 plus shipping.

BigMAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad to hear the all is well with you. I too have a 2014 Laramie 1500 CC (quick order unit) was thinking about the folding mirrors. I do have the TOW package. Can you tell me ALL that I need to make this happen? My wife has been driving the truck ( I drive a ford transit for work and I take it home) Just got a car for her so now I can get my rig back. I want to do some upgrading.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad to hear the all is well with you. I too have a 2014 Laramie 1500 CC (quick order unit) was thinking about the folding mirrors. I do have the TOW package. Can you tell me ALL that I need to make this happen? My wife has been driving the truck ( I drive a ford transit for work and I take it home) Just got a car for her so now I can get my rig back. I want to do some upgrading.

PM @AllMoparParts.com , Benny can set you up with everything you need hardware wise.... then you'll just need the AlfaOBD and OBD MX adapter to program them.

OP
OP
S

SLSTEVE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1

OP
OP
S

SLSTEVE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Sorry for the delay in replying, you will need a set of power folding mirrors, the driver door switch, two door modules, and either the Genie Obd tool or the Alfa Obd tool. Installation is very simple, remove old parts and replace with new ones, then program the truck’s computer. I watched several Utube videos, then ordered the parts and did the job. Good luck and have fun.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think if your truck came with non-towing power folding mirrors, you can just pickup a power folding town mirror as you already have the switch and module. Correct? I'd like to do this to my bighorn someday as I already have power folding mirrors but arent tow mirrors.

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
I think if your truck came with non-towing power folding mirrors, you can just pickup a power folding town mirror as you already have the switch and module. Correct? I'd like to do this to my bighorn someday as I already have power folding mirrors but arent tow mirrors.

I was thinking of doing this also, but need more info.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was thinking of doing this also, but need more info.
You can definitely install just the power fold tow mirrors and they will work if you already had power fold regular mirrors but you would need to enable the tow mirror code in order for them to adjust correctly when opened with either the Alfa tool or possibly have the dealer do it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can definitely install just the power fold tow mirrors and they will work if you already had power fold regular mirrors but you would need to enable the tow mirror code in order for them to adjust correctly when opened with either the Alfa tool or possibly have the dealer do it.

To adjust properly? You mean mirror control? I was hoping to be able to avoid the dealership.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To adjust properly? You mean mirror control? I was hoping to be able to avoid the dealership.
Yes, the mirrors will not adjust correctly when in the upright position unless the correct code is enabled in the BCM. They will adjust normally in the down position. The dealer can do it or you can purchase the Alfa app for $49 and do it yourself. You would also need the OBD Link MX to connect to your trucks OBD port and it runs around $60 or $70 dollars. The Alfa tool can pretty much enable or disable any code you want (many of which the dealer cannot) plus do diagnostics, program keys, adjust speedometer, change TPMS settings ect. If you don't want to invest in the Alfa and don't want to go to the dealer to get the code enabled you might want to reach out on the Alfa thread and see if anyone near you has one. Tons of guys are using them so there may be someone near you who wouldn't mind turning it on for you. It will literally take them a matter of a few minutes to do it. I turn on codes for people who either don't have the tool or aren't comfortable using it all the time.

Demaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just did this upgrade on my 2014 sport! Benny was extremely helpful to get the right parts! The programming of the module was extremely easy following the directions using alpha OBD. Took literally less than an hour of work to do including the programming! Probably one of the best upgrades I’ve done! You will not regret it!

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L
I agree, alfaOBD is better, there’s just so much you can do with it, like turn on Facebook alarm, change your evic splash screen etc, good luck with your build!

bloup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish this info was available in 2017 when I first looked into power folding tow mirrors and no local dealer would add LER code to my BCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish this info was available in 2017 when I first looked into power folding tow mirrors and no local dealer would add LER code to my BCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately in many cases it's not that the dealer won't add the LER code, it's that they can't enable the LER code on your truck. In many cases that code is blocked to their equipment depending on your factory options and trim level. I just enabled the power fold on a guys truck a couple of days ago that had had the dealer try to do it but they couldn't. Took me 5 minutes with the Alfa tool. He was amazed at how quick I did it and that he had been driving around for two years thinking it couldn't be done.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

jlongjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Any recommendations for what power tow mirrors to buy?

2014 Ram 1500 5.7l CrewCab
Sent via Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any recommendations for what power tow mirrors to buy?

2014 Ram 1500 5.7l CrewCab
Sent via Tapatalk
Trail Ridge seems to be the go to brand if you decide not to try to find OEM used mirrors. Make sure your new mirrors have all the options your current mirrors have.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk