Added some lighting!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Long story short!

I had some Hellas mounted behind the grill and one of the bulbs blew! I originally thought about replacing them with some LEDs as I want a bit more lighting for country driving.

I picked these up on Amazon for a decent price. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G620ZVU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

After these LED's arrived, I couldn't figure out a way to mount them, so I got some 100W 6K replacement bulbs for the Hellas. They don't seem any brighter, but do help my brights when traveling out where Bambi and friends hang out. With the 100W Hellas able to be on with either the low beams + fogs (I replaced the original fog light 45w bulbs with 9006s) or my high beams, I now have enough forward lighting without spending a great deal.

None-the-less, I still had these LED's from Amazon with nowhere to go. :naughty::naughty: Today, I told the wife I was going to clean off the workbench and one thing led to another.

The new LED's mounted nicely above my topper glass using one of the hinge bolts. I put a switch off to the left so I can turn them on when working behind or hooking up my trailer. Sorry for the photo quality.

I can even tilt them straight down to add additional lighting into the bed to augment my under rail LED bed lights.

Attachments

• LED #2.jpg
    LED #2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 76
  • LED #1.jpg
    LED #1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 76
  • LED #3.jpg
    LED #3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 73