Added The Glove Box light and

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I ordered the under hood light off E Bay and was going to also order the switch for the glove box. BUT someone here talking about doing the under hood light mentioned his kit also came with the glove box light switch,so I did not order the glove box switch, Under hood light kit arrived and it does have the glove box switch :) so save d 20$ :) The Under Hood kit was 40$ delivered and will go in tomorrow , The glove box switch took maybe 5 minutes and from the You Tube video's the engine light kit will be 20/30 minutes

Is the bulb in the glove box switch a 194 ??

so if you order the engine light kit do not order the glove box switch.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Was a pleasant surprise, wasn;t it?

Chery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
could you post the link for the parts on ebay. having trouble finding the kit.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes it’s a 194, put an LED in it

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Was a pleasant surprise, wasn;t it?
Yea was a surprise ! In one or two of the under hood mod thread I read it was included but was not 100 % sure it was, I may try and add one to my lower glove box nest :)

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Installed the engine compartment light . really easy even for a putz like me ! :O Like stated in other threads very easy maybe 15 minutes tops,, I only removed 1 pin for the hood insulation, and had more then enough room to work.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Sweet. Gotta love a "free" item. :)
I'm sure the glove box switch cost was figured in lol Funny it is not advertised to be included ! But works for me :)

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
could you post the link for the parts on ebay. having trouble finding the kit.

Go to your lcoal dealer parts dept. the actual kit, that has all teh extra pieces, is not really a retail kit, at all. SPecifically, it is a fix it kit for when the very first year they made SPorts models that did not get, but was suppossed to get, the underhood light and upper glove box lights and switches.

FCA rleasied they goofed up, made up w ton of kits, then set them otu to dealers for recall work. Problem was most owners, and most dealers had no clue, so the kits sat around forever. Pretty sure I got teh kit number, somewhere in my build thread, too tired to look it up now.

SilverRamguy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6
I ordered the glove box light and the under light at the same time. Guess what, I have an extra glove box light.
I put the LED’s in both and looks great and much brighter.
Nice improvement.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what LEDs are ya'll using under hood and in the glove boxes again?

TXCOMT

Steam Hogger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
194 bulbs.

I got my kit at MoparOnlineParts.com. I did a quick search for CEC1MO71AA and I cant find it anymore. They where cheap like $22 - $25 just a year ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
The under hood light might take you 5 mins, if that! Super easy!
So how does it plug into the connector on the firewall? Found a red latch that slid back but that's about it??

Plus the routing of the harness. The clips don't seem to line up with holes I can find

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
So how does it plug into the connector on the firewall? Found a red latch that slid back but that's about it??

Plus the routing of the harness. The clips don't seem to line up with holes I can find
The connection you want is passenger side ,engine compartment in front of windshield and Hood vent near hood hinges ! ! You will see a small block with a red piece on top. In side the connector is a plug,, Go to you tube and for videos.. You will end up with 1 extra pin on your new harness! hears one

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Thank you this is perfect !! I haven't tried it yet but after I slid the red lock back didn't know I needed to press down to release a cap lol

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thank you this is perfect !! I haven't tried it yet but after I slid the red lock back didn't know I needed to press down to release a cap lol
I never knew the plug was under the hood or in the glove box lol. I only found out about through this site :) And You Tube has a video for almost anything :)

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How useful is this light - from the pics I've seen it's not too bright. Plus all the listings I see on Amazon or eBay make no mention of the glove box light, nor does it appear in any of the listing pics...

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
How useful is this light - from the pics I've seen it's not too bright. Plus all the listings I see on Amazon or eBay make no mention of the glove box light, nor does it appear in any of the listing pics...
When I started to look for the kit like you said there is no mention of the glove box light! But read here a few received one ,so order just the hood light and received both :) . So do not order the glove box light unless the hood light kit doesn't have one !
As for amount of light, The glove box is fair to OK but better then no light! I am sure the LED bulbs will be better! The under hood light is pretty good IMO, not like a drop light but at least you can see pretty good. Again I assume LED'S will be brighter.. It would be nice if someone post standard light bulb and LED pics :)
So IMO both worth it !And for around 30$ a Cheap fix.

Last edited: