Adding a brake controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramped

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know if you can install a factory brake controller like you could with the old body style? Did some looking online and I couldn't find anything about it.

John813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There was a thread on the 5thgen forum about this topic.

No one over there knew for sure, but the assumption was that it could be like the 4th Gen.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Anyone know if you can install a factory brake controller like you could with the old body style? Did some looking online and I couldn't find anything about it.
I added the factory controller on my 2016 Bighorn.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’d imagine it’s the same process adding it. The two connectors under the steering wheel are the same. The module is the same. The connector on the back of the controller is the same. The only thing different is the actual shape of the front of the controller. I don’t think the parts are available to buy yet,though. I’d say give it another month or so.

QuasarZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
I had the dealer install the factory one as part of my deal on 19 rebel.

hunumup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Ordered a Trailer brake module when I bought my Laramie have waited 9 months and been told not designed yet, in engineering, recalled, bulliten due on June 15th 2019. Called customer care finally and in 30 minutes was told my parts just arrived by FedEx 30 minutes ago! Smoke stains on my shorts won't come clean.

Tombato

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New Body
Engine
Hemi 5.7
they make a wireless brake controller that you can control with your phone. just plug it in to the outlet and then trailer to it. does anyone know if it works well or not?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’ve briefly lost WiFi signals before, and it’s no big deal. I’ve briefly lost Bluetooth signals before, no big deal. I’ve lost the wireless signal to my travel trailer backup cam before, and that didn’t bother me. If I was to briefly lose a wireless signal to the trailer brakes, kind of a big deal.