Adding back up cam app to 8.4 uaq

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

p8ntballa9362

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not sure if anybody cares but i did find out that if you splice an aftermarket camera into your uconnect, enable all the rear view camera options in alfa obd and then enable the CHMSL camera present option, it will allow you to add the soft key and activate the rear camera at any time while youre driving. but it will not automatically show the camera when you put it in reverse youll have to hit the cargo cam button. this is on a 2014 1500 bighorn

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
not sure if anybody cares but i did find out that if you splice an aftermarket camera into your uconnect, enable all the rear view camera options in alfa obd and then enable the CHMSL camera present option, it will allow you to add the soft key and activate the rear camera at any time while youre driving. but it will not automatically show the camera when you put it in reverse youll have to hit the cargo cam button. this is on a 2014 1500 bighorn
I believe that this is intended as if you have a backup camera, it wants you to see what's gonna hit the tailgate/bed first.

p8ntballa9362

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe that this is intended as if you have a backup camera, it wants you to see what's gonna hit the tailgate/bed first.
yeah but nothing pops up when i put it in reverse. id have to manually activate the cargo cam to see my camera.

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
did you enable
yeah but nothing pops up when i put it in reverse. id have to manually activate the cargo cam to see my camera.
did you enable
VehConfig1: Rear View Camera
ECUConfig 3: Rear Camera Present

Found a video that might help

Last edited:

Terry2014RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
according to here... it isn't available until 2016+
That is a little funny, I also had this with my 2014 1500 with the RA4. So it was available in 2014 but I have the same exact issue as jhiggins.