Adding DRL'S to ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Is there a way to enable the DRL only in the Headlights? I dont want the DRL to be activated in the tail lights.

You can select whether you want the highs, lows, running and I believe fog lights to act as the DRLs. If you decide to go with aftermarket headlights you can even do a dedicated DRL output.
The rear DRL option is entirely that, an option if you want it, it does not it have to be enabled.

Bernd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can select whether you want the highs, lows, running and I believe fog lights to act as the DRLs. If you decide to go with aftermarket headlights you can even do a dedicated DRL output.
The rear DRL option is entirely that, an option if you want it, it does not it have to be enabled.

Thanks for your help. I activated the DRL with AlfaOBD in the headlights - turn signals. But the problem is, that also in the rear lights the turn signals light up. I want them only in the headlights to be activated.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I activated the DRL with AlfaOBD in the headlights - turn signals. But the problem is, that also in the rear lights the turn signals light up. I want them only in the headlights to be activated.
That's odd, I would check the setting for the rear DRLs as it's a separate setting.
Probably stupid question but I'll ask it anyways, your not turning the headlight switch at all to get the DRLs to come on? keep in mind the vehicle has to be in gear/neutral and the parking brake can not be set for them to work.

Bernd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
exactly, the amber light only works in Gear an neutral. Could not find a separate setting in alfaobd for the rear DRLs :(

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
exactly, the amber light only works in Gear an neutral. Could not find a separate setting in alfaobd for the rear DRLs :(

Why don't you want the tails lit up?

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Could not find a separate setting in alfaobd for the rear DRLs

Being your from Austria, does your truck have amber rear turn signals? It's possible the truck has been modified to accommodate that. Gen4 Rams in the US only have red stop/turn taillights.

Bernd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, in Austria we have amber rear turn signals, but they should not light up as DRL´s. Can anybody show me a screenshot for the AlfaOBD rear DRL settings please ? o_O

Thanks

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes, in Austria we have amber rear turn signals, but they should not light up as DRL´s. Can anybody show me a screenshot for the AlfaOBD rear DRL settings please ? o_O

Thanks
It would be easier if you could upload your BCM configuration to google drive and share it hear. Then we can sort out which settings you need.

Bernd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks, ok thats on option. i will check how to get the BCM config and will upload it later. Thanks for your help!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
thanks, ok thats on option. i will check how to get the BCM config and will upload it later. Thanks for your help!

Follow these steps

First go to settings and enable data logging
Then while connected to the bcm click the battery icon and let the bcm data load
7f34a226680124eda19a275a695b1136.png

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks

Thanks Bernd - Anybody know if the european style tail lights with amber turn signals are plug and play into a US truck? Not a fan of the red turn signals in the rear.

Bernd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Bernd - Anybody know if the european style tail lights with amber turn signals are plug and play into a US truck? Not a fan of the red turn signals in the rear.

No, its not Plug and Play, they wire a Led Blinker Splitter in the Back and a Blinker Relais for rear left and rear right.

The Signals are taken from the Trailer connector for the LED Blinker Splitter.

The original white reverse tail light are used for the amber turn signals, original reverse bulbs swapped in Amber bulbs.

An aftermarket reverse lamp is installed under the license plate or under the bumper..

IMG_4896.jpg