Adding fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
You'll need either a dealer, someone with a StarScan or AlfaOBD. You're at the wrong end of PA, but if you find yourself in MD I can do it lol. Whoever you get to do it, when they enable the lights in the menu, have them enabled as an export model. This way your fogs will stay on with your high beams.

I actually bought it from the owner that lived just outside of Hancock.

It'll be a while before I put all this together. Right now I'm more concerned with getting the rest of the truck painted and one color before the colder months come than anything else. I just think the lights would look much better than the fillers.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually bought it from the owner that lived just outside of Hancock.

It'll be a while before I put all this together. Right now I'm more concerned with getting the rest of the truck painted and one color before the colder months come than anything else. I just think the lights would look much better than the fillers.

I have a set of bezels and the other harness in my toolbox if you need it. Cost of shipping and it’s yours. I bought a sport bumper with everything I needed and already had the stuff on my truck.

David Babb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
personnally I know there is a dash switch which jas pull feature for the fog lights.
I don't know if this helps

R Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
ok, it looks like i'm a little late to the party but that is the story of my life. At any rate i have a 2004 2500 that i'm looking to add fog lights to. I've installed the lights, bezels, harness and factory switch with fog light option. Plugged it all in to no avail. I purchased the ODB M+ and the Alfa software only to learn it doesn't support pre 06 trucks. Next question is where do i go from here? Is taking it to the dealer to have the foglights enabled my only option if it is in fact an option? Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You have a PCI bus truck, nothing can be "enabled" in the computer like that. You are missing power or a connection somewhere.

R Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thanks a bunch HemiLonestar! That is what i was thinking. Back to the drawing board to chase down a power issue. Thinking it is between the jumper i installed and pre-wired connector. I didn't use any contact cleaner when i plugged the jumper in. Thanks again!

cjrodriguez31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2005 2500 and I wanted to add my .02 cents as well.
I wanted to add fog lights to my 2500. Im not sure what trim it is but its BASE (Steelies and roll down windows)

I saw the fog light relay was already installed in the fuse box so I just bought the harness and fog light kit off ebay.
I bought a used fog light headlight switch and everything worked 100%. the pre wired harness is on the driver side headlight to see if you have it.

- Bezels are needed. (to replace the stock fillers) $15 on eBay
- Harness (Includes the factory plugs to connect drivers side to passenger side bulb) $10 on Ebay
- Fog Lights - Purchased on Ebay as well for $40 i think? Comes with the bulbs but I bought LEDs to replace them. Comes with both sides and the screws to bolt on.
- Switch - I bought a used one for $30 and it works perfectly. There were some aftermarket "new" ones but I chose to go OEM.

And they work!

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
why not just put them on a dedicated switch like a nice rocker style switch and eliminate all of the computer, tying into this and that. just run your own power and ground fuse it and link it to a switch and boom. you don't have to worry about it. My halos grill lights and fog lights all run off of a three panel rocker switch that i only had to run power and a ground to. I can turn on or off each set of lights independently of each other or all three on at the same time.