Adding Heated Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrahamC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etoque
Is it really expensive to add heated seats and wheel?? I got a 2021 and it did not have the option. I have arthritis and I'm missing it!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Depends on your definition of expensive. It also depends on whether you want to use new parts or used parts. I know someone who picked up a set of used Laramie seats for around $1000 off ebay. I imagine that new seats would be more than double that. A steering wheel will run at least $200 on ebay. Again, at least double that for new, depending on which wheel you want. Then you have control modules, wiring harnesses, and clock spring. I'm sure I probably overlooked something. It would also require a trip to the dealership to enable it all. Sounds expensive to me LOL

I know how you feel though. I used to laugh at people who talked about a heated steering wheel. Right up until I rented a car with one in winter. Ever since then I won't buy a car without one LOL. I could take or leave heated seats, but I gotta have a heated steering wheel.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I believe to have the heated wheel you must have the heated seats as it works from the seat module.I added the heated wheel and heated/cooled seats to mine.Had to have harnesses made and did it the same as factory.You must be mechanically minded to do it.Heated clock spring is $300 or more,seats $1000 plus,wheel $200+,harnesses $100 and must have alfaOBD and patience.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Heated seats can be aftermarket installed look at genos garage they have them. Heated wheel ,not as easy ,get a pair of heated gloves. Or move further south.

jedmunds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I actually dropped in to ask the same question as @GrahamC ...

Do you actually need to buy different seats? On the Mopar parts site, it looks like it's just a controller, wiring, and a set of pads which (maybe?) could just be inserted into the original seats. Possibly those are just replacement parts... I can certainly see needing to swap out the steering wheel but was hoping it was just an add-in for the seats.