Adding heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey guys I have an 2018 ram 2500 slt. It has the factory 8.4 Uconnect no power seats and vinyl steering wheel. I recently picked up a used leather wheel with heat from a lonestar donar. What other additional parts would I need? I have alpaobd do programming isn’t an issue I already have the jumper in place for programming as I’ve already programmed additional cameras and cargo camera. My vin is 3c6ur5dl8jg242516. Also I’m planning on katskinz later is there factory heating pads i can purchase and install while they install the leather?

Thanks

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just guessing looking at the wiring diagrams but you are probably going to need a heated seat module, a steering wheel control module, clock spring, and run all the wiring for both. Power, signal, can bus etc. It's not going to be a simple plug and play.

I don't know what is in your truck already being a bare bones trim but I'm guessing not much of that?

OP
OP
R

Rob5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks, would someone here be able to tell me what part numbers I’d need from my vin to be able to hook it all up?

bretthays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I have an 2018 ram 2500 slt. It has the factory 8.4 Uconnect no power seats and vinyl steering wheel. I recently picked up a used leather wheel with heat from a lonestar donar. What other additional parts would I need? I have alpaobd do programming isn’t an issue I already have the jumper in place for programming as I’ve already programmed additional cameras and cargo camera. My vin is 3c6ur5dl8jg242516. Also I’m planning on katskinz later is there factory heating pads i can purchase and install while they install the leather?

Thanks
Hey Rob, sorry to drag back up your ancient thread, but did you get this figured out? I'm in the same boat 2016 Express, I have the parts to do the steering wheel audio controls and wondering about going to a heather leather wheel while I'm at it.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Rob, sorry to drag back up your ancient thread, but did you get this figured out? I'm in the same boat 2016 Express, I have the parts to do the steering wheel audio controls and wondering about going to a heather leather wheel while I'm at it.
Try the AlfaOBD section of this forum. Lots of members over there that have added, heated seats, wheel, power seats, keyless N go, climate controls, etc. All of the upgrades need to be integrated into the electrical, computer and CANBUS. The AlfaOBD crowd are the ones that have done all the upgrades most owners are looking for answers on. Just a heads up, the AlfaOBD thread is like 1200 pages long.