Adding power passenger seat to Big Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Looking to swap in some leather seats into my ‘14 Big Horn, but the truck did not come with a power passenger seat. How would one go about adding the power to the passenger seat? Is the harness already there, or would I have to make one?

I’m torn between going Katzkin, or swapping in a set of stock leathers. The price is roughly the same, I just have to make up my mind.

Brianmp01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
How cheap are you finding stock leather seats?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to swap in some leather seats into my ‘14 Big Horn, but the truck did not come with a power passenger seat. How would one go about adding the power to the passenger seat? Is the harness already there, or would I have to make one?

I’m torn between going Katzkin, or swapping in a set of stock leathers. The price is roughly the same, I just have to make up my mind.

Where are you located?

OP
OP

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I found a set of fronts and tears from a 17 with 15k on it for around 1500. I’m looking 1400 before adding heat or anything else.

I’m in N Mississippi.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Can you post a picture of the yellow connector towards the front of the seat on both the passenger and driver side. I suspect that since you have a bighorn all of the wiring will be in place. If that’s the case then the power seats will work and most likely the heated seats. You will have to activate the codes in the bcm to get the vented function to work. You will also have to buy a new button panel for under the radio that has the heated and vented buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Can you post a picture of the yellow connector towards the front of the seat on both the passenger and driver side. I suspect that since you have a bighorn all of the wiring will be in place. If that’s the case then the power seats will work and most likely the heated seats. You will have to activate the codes in the bcm to get the vented function to work. You will also have to buy a new button panel for under the radio that has the heated and vented buttons.

From my big horn seats, or the new ones?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Under your seat currently, also to point out your truck is a 2011?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’d like to see the wires currently going into the plugs on your truck. Not the seat side. Thx!

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
No sir... a 2014.

DG, I’ll see what I can do!

Here is a pic that DG is talking about, how the wiring appears in your Ram with the stock seats it came with. The pic I pasted below happens to be from under the drivers' seat. Take one also of the yellow plug under the passenger seat too. DG needs to see the wires that populate the yellow plugs.

409737[/ATTACH]']WPvyTIMl.jpg

Attachments

• WPvyTIMl.jpg
    WPvyTIMl.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 0

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
If you do get the power from the center console change the fuse to a 25amp

OP
OP

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Yeah? I’m beginning to think the same thing - actually considering some Rebel seats... found a set reasonable (better price than Laramie seats), and a Guy has the matching door panels too.

Last edited:

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you get the new seats in? I just picked up a set of 18 Laramie seats with heat/cool all power. I have a 16 BigHorn and very curious what was needed to get them to work. I have a new switch bank on order so hopefully plug and play.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Did you get the new seats in? I just picked up a set of 18 Laramie seats with heat/cool all power. I have a 16 BigHorn and very curious what was needed to get them to work. I have a new switch bank on order so hopefully plug and play.

Check the yellow plug under your driver's seat. Does it have the same or more wires like in my post (#14) above? If so then you will have power seats on both sides and will have heat that you can control with the button panel. The vented portion will not work. To get the vented seat part to work you need to enable them in the BCM. You will also need to make changes to the BCM if you want the controls of the seats (both heating and venting options) on your radio screen. There is a thread in the DIY section that goes through all of this in great detail. Pay close attention to posts by Rick'sRam, DeereGuy, Mpgrimm, and WilliamS (amongst others). The thread is a little long but worth it in the end.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye