Adding power passenger seat to Big Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_3165.JPG IMG_3164.JPG Here's a pic of what I have under my seats. I'm assuming I still need to bring in a power source from battery and at the very least a jumper harness from pass to driver side? New switch bank has both heat and cool buttons. Will the cool only work with the 8.4? I'm not all that concerned if the cool won't work. Mainly doing this for heat feature and a much nicer seat. Also, has anyone had luck getting the memory function to work? Since it all seems to be self contained to the driver seat it shouldnt be that difficult.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
View attachment 147478 View attachment 147477 Here's a pic of what I have under my seats. I'm assuming I still need to bring in a power source from battery and at the very least a jumper harness from pass to driver side? New switch bank has both heat and cool buttons. Will the cool only work with the 8.4? I'm not all that concerned if the cool won't work. Mainly doing this for heat feature and a much nicer seat. Also, has anyone had luck getting the memory function to work? Since it all seems to be self contained to the driver seat it shouldnt be that difficult.

1) From the pic of your plug it looks like you have the wiring needed for the power seats. Do you currently have a power driver's seat? Also with the wiring you show you will not need to bring power to the passenger seat. It should be plug and play as far as getting power adjustable seats for both driver and passenger

2) The vented seats portion has to be activated in the BCM to work, otherwise it will not work with the button panel or through your 8.4

3) The heated seat portion will work through the button panel without making changes to the BCM. BUT if you want to control the heated seats through the 8.4 then you have to make the BCM changes. In other words you will only have control of the heat through the button panel.

4) Lucky for you that from what I can tell of your pics, you have wiring in place for the memory function. Looks like in that yellow plug you have slots #2 #5 #6 #13 populated with wires. You can check. The slots are numbered starting on the BOTTOM row with #1 on the far right (closest to the door) and the second row starts with #8, just above #1. And I say lucky because the memory function is NOT just contained to the memory module that is under the driver's seats. The memory module sends signals to the canbus, then to the driver's door module and then back to the memory module. As of now NOBODY has been able to activate the memory function by adding the wiring in. Getting the memory function to work has been only successful so far when the truck has the necessary memory wiring in place from the factory. But there is another step......

5) Even though it looks like you have the wiring to have the memory function, you will still need to activate it in the BCM

I will suggest once again that you take the time to read the DIY thread on the forum regarding adding heated seats, it not only has the answers to your questions but has posts by members that are way more knowledgeable than me. The DIY section also has a thread on the Alpha OBD program which would take care of your BCM changes that are needed.

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks! I have read most of the threads I can find several times over. I'm sure there are a few way back since it seems some of them started a few yrs ago. The ones who have gotten it to work are reason I took this gamble. How difficult is the Alfa obd to use? I've never done any diagnostic on a brand new vehicle. Only have experience hooking up older obd 2 scanners and code searching, clearing codes etc. I'm honestly more scared of that part since you can wreck the truck with the push of a button lol.
I've also read that thread a few dozen pages in but there is literally about a 1000 posts in there. Guessing adding seat functions is one of the easier changes. Hopefully so.