How To Add rear Park assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Skuppy069

I am looking at the connector you say that you connected to the jumper harness at the rear of the truck. I have purchased the sensors and the jumper harness from a dealer and the connector you have listed looks just like the connector that’s on my jumper harness could you double check the part number for that harness that you built.
The part number you have listed it is 68018957 AA. As I mentioned earlier the connector I have is a female connector and looks just like the connector you posted a picture of.
Thank you so much for the help you’ve already given me/us...
On the jumper harness does the connector have male or female terminals ?

GDiddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Skippy069

The terminals within the connector are female.

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Skippy069

The terminals within the connector are female.
So both connectors are the same then ?
If so then the repair kit is more then likely not the correct one .
The repair kit needs to be for the body side .

Brandam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Skuppy069 would you have any idea if this is the wire that would be for the backup sensor harness I would need to use to add them to my truck? I have a 2014 1500 express. I was looking in the kick pannel for the same wire but I am not 100 percent sure I'm even looking in the right spot to be honest.

20191128_072636.jpg

Jimbodio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am eliminating mine from my aftermarket bumpers. I am wondering if anyone knows off hand what size drill bit it takes when adding sensors? I want to put rubber plugs in. Have already turned them off through Alpha

Ray-vw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am eliminating mine from my aftermarket bumpers. I am wondering if anyone knows off hand what size drill bit it takes when adding sensors? I want to put rubber plugs in. Have already turned them off through Alpha

Do u have the steps on turning them off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, joining the thread as I attempt to add Front/Rear Park Assist to a 2016 RAM 1500 Tradesman. I've had a bent rear bumper for about a year and a family members 2500 accidentally backed into my front bumper, I used it as the opportunity to upgrade my bumpers. Front with both sensors and fog lights (huge shoutout to M2Mods for their excellent fog light harness, have wonderful fogs now.). I've already purchased the bezels and sensors (huge price savings) so it's just a matter of the electronics and missing wiring harnesses to get this going.

What I have:
Mopar 68141530AJ - Front and Rear Parksense module, bought it gently used for $39.00 from a wrecked RAM.
5lt35zzzaa-001 - bezel (10 total, 6 for front and 4 for back)
1EW63TZZAA - sensor (10 total, 6 for front and 4 for back). Was very difficult to press these into place on the bezels, expect sore thumbs or a flat edged tool to help install into the bezel for first fit.

What is on order:
68031820AA - Rear parksense wiring harness
68232619AB - Front Fascia Wiring harness

What I think I need:
68018957AA - 6-way repair kit connector and pins
68137881AA - 2-way repair connector and pins
68080557AA - 12-way repair connector and pins
68080558AA - 8-way repair connector and pins

One question would be the connector needed for the front sensors to the module. I would think it requires more connectors with 6 sensors. What connector kit would be required for the front?

Mopar instrument panel console switch replacement to include front and rear parksense buttons. There are a number of selections, but I cannot seem to find one that ditches heated seats and elevation buttons which would be unused until a future project. Recommendations?

What I'm not entirely sure about is what I might also require and specifically where it should be routed.

For example, I believe I have the back connector, but I'm not sure where the I-220 block @skuppy069 referenced is located and the pins that I should use to create the wiring harness to the internal front and rear 68141530AJ module.
IMG_20191229_155702.jpg

In the drivers side kick panel where I've installed the module, I do not currently have a wiring harness, but noted that there looks to be some kind of CANbus connections above it. Do I tie into this or is it located elsewhere?
IMG_20191229_154906.jpg

Also, the wiring harness on the front bumper, if I understand correctly, I'll need to create my own harness to go from the driver side front bumper (next to where I put the harness for the fog lights) and run it through the firewall to one of the connectors on the parksense module itself, correct?

Really appreciate this thread and your work. Looking forward to completing the project and look forward to the recommendations and suggestions.

While not fully related to the thread, here's what the truck looks like now. The passenger fender, headlight and bumper where all crushed. I'd replaced those and then carefully painted the new fender to match. Not the best result since temps were 20 degrees lower than the recommended, but not too bad considering. You have too look super close to see and the rain helps to mask, so next summer if it bugs me I'll redo the paint.

IMG_20191230_084205.jpg

Thanks again! Appreciate all the experts here, I'd learned how to do the body work, painting and fog lights from you wonderful forum members.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:

Brandam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, joining the thread as I attempt to add Front/Rear Park Assist to a 2016 RAM 1500 Tradesman. I've had a bent rear bumper for about a year and a family members 2500 accidentally backed into my front bumper, I used it as the opportunity to upgrade my bumpers. Front with both sensors and fog lights (huge shoutout to M2Mods for their excellent fog light harness, have wonderful fogs now.). I've already purchased the bezels and sensors (huge price savings) so it's just a matter of the electronics and missing wiring harnesses to get this going.

What I have:
Mopar 68141530AJ - Front and Rear Parksense module, bought it gently used for $39.00 from a wrecked RAM.
5lt35zzzaa-001 - bezel (10 total, 6 for front and 4 for back)
1EW63TZZAA - sensor (10 total, 6 for front and 4 for back). Was very difficult to press these into place on the bezels, expect sore thumbs or a flat edged tool to help install into the bezel for first fit.

What is on order:
68031820AA - Rear parksense wiring harness
68232619AB - Front Fascia Wiring harness

What I think I need:
68018957AA - 6-way repair kit connector and pins
68137881AA - 2-way repair connector and pins
68080557AA - 12-way repair connector and pins
68080558AA - 8-way repair connector and pins

One question would be the connector needed for the front sensors to the module. I would think it requires more connectors with 6 sensors. What connector kit would be required for the front?

Mopar instrument panel console switch replacement to include front and rear parksense buttons. There are a number of selections, but I cannot seem to find one that ditches heated seats and elevation buttons which would be unused until a future project. Recommendations?

What I'm not entirely sure about is what I might also require and specifically where it should be routed.

For example, I believe I have the back connector, but I'm not sure where the I-220 block @skuppy069 referenced is located and the pins that I should use to create the wiring harness to the internal front and rear 68141530AJ module.
View attachment 190480

In the drivers side kick panel where I've installed the module, I do not currently have a wiring harness, but noted that there looks to be some kind of CANbus connections above it. Do I tie into this or is it located elsewhere?
View attachment 190482

Also, the wiring harness on the front bumper, if I understand correctly, I'll need to create my own harness to go from the driver side front bumper (next to where I put the harness for the fog lights) and run it through the firewall to one of the connectors on the parksense module itself, correct?

Really appreciate this thread and your work. Looking forward to completing the project and look forward to the recommendations and suggestions.

While not fully related to the thread, here's what the truck looks like now. The passenger fender, headlight and bumper where all crushed. I'd replaced those and then carefully painted the new fender to match. Not the best result since temps were 20 degrees lower than the recommended, but not too bad considering. You have too look super close to see and the rain helps to mask, so next summer if it bugs me I'll redo the paint.

View attachment 190485

Thanks again! Appreciate all the experts here, I'd learned how to do the body work, painting and fog lights from you wonderful forum members.

Happy New Year!

That is the correct can C not the can IHSto tap into. If you haven't already you will need a connector and 2 pins, I recoment getting a few extra just because I messed up the first try and had to order more from mouser.com

Roman217 helped me out with these part numbers. He was definitely a big help cause I wasnt paying for mopar to screw me on the smallest piece. But the te connectors you will need, part number 2-2138650-1 for the connector and part number 5-963715-6 for the pins that you will need 2 of.

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
So my 2018 ram 1500 had the connector at the rear of the truck but it did not make all the way up to the drivers kick panel .
It was easier for my to just make my own harness from the kick panel to the rear end of the truck using the repair kits to plug into the rear jumper harness and tie into the module .
The front is a bit more tricky as I couldn’t find a repair kit to plug into the jumper harness .
I ended up cutting the jumper harness connector of and Soldered my wires to the wires of the jumper harness directly .
If I was to do it again I would buy a weather pack connector and mating set and make it plug and play again .Might do it in the future Incase I need to ever change the bumper etc

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@skuppy069 for the connectors on the parksense module itself, is the connection to the module for the front sensors the same 8 pin repair kit as the one used for the rear parksense connection? Any chance you have the pin out needed for the front connection?

UPDATE: I found that the front connector repair kit is 68030130AA - 14 way connector and pins, and the pin outs are on the same website you used to show the other connectors. http://connectors.dcctools.com/details.htm?id=179985

Also, I found the female repair kit for the front sense park to allow the use of the factory harness without cutting off the connector. UPDATE: no, it's a size larger even though it looks the same.

NOT the 68040506AA - 8 way front parksense female plug and pins. UPDATE: While being an very close match, it's not the right repair kit, drat.

@Brandam1 thanks! Saved a bunch on the canbus connector and pins using Mouser, much appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
@skuppy069 for the connectors on the parksense module itself, is the connection to the module for the front sensors the same 8 pin repair kit as the one used for the rear parksense connection? Any chance you have the pin out needed for the front connection?

I need to make all my harnesses just as you had.

@Brandam1 thanks! Saved a bunch on the canbus connector and pins using Mouser, much appreciated.
The repair kit to connect the sensors to the module for the front is 68030130AA

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chased down the I220 inline-body/chassis pin outs to find the pins used for Parksense. It's pins 18 -24 according to http://connectors.dcctools.com/details.htm?id=193553 and http://connectors.dcctools.com/details.htm?id=175691 for the two connectors for the inline body/chassis.

I'd ordered the 6-Way repair kit, but I'm tempted to try and get repair pins for the 220 to tap off of for a more "stock" looking appearance.

I'll be sure to photograph and let you know how it proceeds. Some parts don't arrive until the end of the month however, so it'll be February or March before I really have a chance to finish up.

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drat, I can find everything I need except for 68080557AA - the 12 way connector repair kit. Anyone know who makes that and the part number? Might have to fabricate one somehow (carefully using heatshrink tubing to isolate the pins and plug them in)

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered some Aptiv connectors from Mouser that appear to match the 3D CAD images of the 12-way connector. When it arrives, I'll do a fit test with the parksense module. If it fits, I'll list the part numbers.

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortuantely, the connectors I ordered did not match. I'm thinking, I may have to purchase another 14-way connector and attempt to cut it down in size to a 12-way.

Calling all the different Mopar dealers, 68080557AA is a discontinued part that is not in stock. Surprising as the 2019 RAM 1500 "DS" would still use the same parts.

Since the 12-way is how to connect to the CANbus, I suspect that it's not available to try and cut down on customers adding parksense? Does this make any sense?

In any event, too much sweat equity and emotional involvement to quit now. Even ordered a 7" EVIC upgrade to better display the parksense signals when it's all good to go.

I'll update with pictures on the 14-way repair kit mod to use for 12-way once I get another connector shipped.

Last edited:

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Has anyone found the connector to plug into the front harness that has the sensors on it? I know there is a 14 way, 68030130AA at the module but have not seen anyone here post what connector goes on the other end of those wires. Looks like it is a 8 way plug.

Thanks in advance.

I have been able to use a Tone Probe and Generator for finding electrical wires on my rear sensor plug and traced a connection to the front massive wires inside a plastic square box full of a lot of wires right near the firewall and emergency brake. Ran out time to take the emergency brake down and cut all the electrical tape off to see what wire I am getting a signal on.

I am taking my time on this project as I am retired and this mod is going to cost more money as skuppy069 has said.

I will keep you posted what I fine in those wires. Might be awhile.