Adding Suspension Airline Dryer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Living in Canada there is no way I would have air suspension on a pickup, however for those that have it, this is a great fix. I would think there is a good business opportunity selling the Filter, plate and adapters, with hoses as a complete bolt on package. I think a lot of guys would be more than happy to pay for a complete kit they can just bolt in place. OP, thanks for posting this really helpful solution.

JoeYesbut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I am trying to have one of these quoted locally (Canada). I will let you know the price I get and see if there is an opportunity to have a few fabricated while they're at it. They all seem busy without having time to provide a quote.

Anyone found the Wabco cartridge? I have found equivalent replacements, but not the Wabco one.

JoeYesbut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
**Update*** Quote for the part on its way for next week

JoeYesbut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Awesome!!
Got the price today. 950$ CAD for a single aluminum unit. 1300$ CAD for two. And so on.. the price is about the same for steel, way up for stainless steel 304, I didnt ask for it. They explained to me that there is a significant amount of work in these. The guy is 25 years experience. My working background also allows me to understand that.

The more we order, the lowest the price is. This excludes shipping and taxes. If anyone interested in we can have a private discussion to set everything up. I'll wait a bit before placing the order. Let me know, thanks.

Last edited:

wes8398

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the price today. 950$ CAD for a single aluminum unit. 1300$ CAD for two. And so on.. the price is about the same for steel, way up for stainless steel 304, I didnt ask for it. They explained to me that there is a significant amount of work in these. The guy is 25 years experience. My working background also allows me to understand that.

The more we order, the lowest the price is. This excludes shipping and taxes. If anyone interested in we can have a private discussion to set everything up. I'll wait a bit before placing the order. Let me know, thanks.
Yowza! Certainly thankful for your efforts (and appreciate that the person quoting needs to get paid as well), but that's way more than I'm willing to invest. If we got enough buyers to get it down under $500/ea, then I'd consider. Otherwise, I'll just stick with current band-aid solutions.

JoeYesbut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Yowza! Certainly thankful for your efforts (and appreciate that the person quoting needs to get paid as well), but that's way more than I'm willing to invest. If we got enough buyers to get it down under $500/ea, then I'd consider. Otherwise, I'll just stick with current band-aid solutions.
Me too, honestly. A complete swap for coils is around 2600 CAD$. Putting the drying thing as it is should be around halfway if I order only one. For the future hassle saving potential, I'd go for the swap.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Just so you know $900 Canadian is only $650 in U.S. dollars. The exchange rate definitely works in your favour.

wes8398

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Me too, honestly. A complete swap for coils is around 2600 CAD$. Putting the drying thing as it is should be around halfway if I order only one. For the future hassle saving potential, I'd go for the swap.
An OEM used parts / scrapyard parts swap would be less than a grand from the research I've done. So, yah...
I'm personally just going to keep a very close eye for leaks, and address immediately when I discover one. I'm stubborn as ****, so this air suspension doesn't have a chance of "winning". LoL

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
I like the idea of the desiccant dryer filter and the spin on filter would be nice but at that cost for a spin on adapter I'd be tempted to go with this;
1668525910992.png
If I start having problems with my air suspension this would be my method at this time.

JoeYesbut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I like the idea of the desiccant dryer filter and the spin on filter would be nice but at that cost for a spin on adapter I'd be tempted to go with this;
View attachment 506950
If I start having problems with my air suspension this would be my method at this time.
Not bad at all! I'll dig in.

OP
OP
Xsen

Xsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

I've been contacted by another forum member in PM regarding the bracket fabrication some time ago, so I went to the guy who made mine and asked him about the price - he named $150. That excludes shipping of course.

Funny thing is - a few days later he called me and said that 8 brackets were ready for me. I never asked him to start making them, but I guess people really like to hear what they want to hear sometimes...

Anyway, I have an unexpected stock of these now. I think I'll keep one just in case, but for the other seven - I'd be happy to get them to one of you, so you could forward them locally just to make one cross-continent shipping. I think there should be some shipping options even at these times.

Money is another PITA though. Anyway, if anyone's willing to take part in this - let me know. I guess we'll have to work something out.

JoeYesbut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hey guys,

I've been contacted by another forum member in PM regarding the bracket fabrication some time ago, so I went to the guy who made mine and asked him about the price - he named $150. That excludes shipping of course.

Funny thing is - a few days later he called me and said that 8 brackets were ready for me. I never asked him to start making them, but I guess people really like to hear what they want to hear sometimes...

Anyway, I have an unexpected stock of these now. I think I'll keep one just in case, but for the other seven - I'd be happy to get them to one of you, so you could forward them locally just to make one cross-continent shipping. I think there should be some shipping options even at these times.

Money is another PITA though. Anyway, if anyone's willing to take part in this - let me know. I guess we'll have to work something out.
Where are you?

JoeYesbut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
View attachment 506950
I started to look at but looks like it's made for indoor only. They seem to have a drain port at the bottom, meaning that if there is water it will freeze in there, not sure if it's bad or irrelevant. For the moment the spin on cartridge seems to be the most well adapted option. Still inquiring.

JoeYesbut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Woups, sorry mate, I don't think that will work. Given what Russia is doing to the world right now I can't accept nothing from there. Really nothing against you.

This being said Urals is freaking north, if you do have success with your air suspension and dryer, I guess this proves a solid point.

OP
OP
Xsen

Xsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I've given out all blueprints, so my part is done anyway.

Literally zero problems with the air suspension since the dryer installation.

Last edited: