Adj. Panhard bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I lowered the rear of my truck to in and I got a set of airbags for in the springs and now my wheels are off center to the right of the truck by about three quarters of an inch difference what's the best track bar for this?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I lowered the rear of my truck to in and I got a set of airbags for in the springs and now my wheels are off center to the right of the truck by about three quarters of an inch difference what's the best track bar for this?

Core makes a good adjustable bar,stay away from Spohns bar,it's pretty light duty.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Core 4x4 and Bwoody Performance are the ones that come to mind

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Core 4x4 panhard works for lifted and lowered.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The core one don't adjust for lowered just lifted I thought

Basically a 4" lift is no different then a 4" drop when it comes to the panhard bar. Techinically in an ideal world the bar should run parallel with the center of the diff and the ground.When you lift a truck 4" the bar runs uphill from the diff mount to the frame bracket,and pulls the diff sideways towards the passenger side,when you drop a truck 4" the bar runs the opposite way,it's downhill from the diff mount to the frame mount,and again pulls the diff towards the passenger side roughly the same amount as the lift did. If a bar works for a 4" lift,it'll work for a 4" drop,if it's a straight bar.A dogleg bar is another story,but can usually be made to work by flipping the bar around in most cases.

OP
OP
ryan russell

ryan russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So my option is 0-6 inch that's what I should order right

Last edited:

Brian7874

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L Mopar Gen V8
There are a lot of mixed reviews about the Spohn bar, I installed mine a week ago, and noticed a world of difference in the way the back end handles, plus it got my axle back to center also, which bugged the hell out of me. I’ll give it a couple of months and maybe I’ll have a different opinion on it. I did make sure to put Loctite around the threads cause supposedly the Jam nuts work loose over time, and unless there is some issues with the bushings I really don’t foresee any problems with it. So far so good

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
@Booms has core4x4 on his lowered truck...

Holla ! :Big Laugh:

coreadjustablepanhard-jpg.137329

OP
OP
ryan russell

ryan russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Basically a 4" lift is no different then a 4" drop when it comes to the panhard bar. Techinically in an ideal world the bar should run parallel with the center of the diff and the ground.When you lift a truck 4" the bar runs uphill from the diff mount to the frame bracket,and pulls the diff sideways towards the passenger side,when you drop a truck 4" the bar runs the opposite way,it's downhill from the diff mount to the frame mount,and again pulls the diff towards the passenger side roughly the same amount as the lift did. If a bar works for a 4" lift,it'll work for a 4" drop,if it's a straight bar.A dogleg bar is another story,but can usually be made to work by flipping the bar around in most cases.

So I dropped mine 2 inch my stock bar is close to the rear end would like to get the bent core bar. They have options do I get the 0-6 bar?

OP
OP
ryan russell

ryan russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

So mine is toward the passenger side. I want to get the core 4x4 bar that has the bend cause I don't want any clearance issues. I seen they have a few options to order.. there is 0, 0 to 6, and +6
I'm pretty sure I need the 0 to 6 bar. I may have to call core tomorrow..

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes just call them, that’s how I ordered mine

Tell them promo code “hot damn” for 5% off

OP
OP
ryan russell

ryan russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A rear adjustable bar is a great addition to a lowered truck.

I broke a Spohn bar recently and would not recommend it. In all honesty i was told this when i sourced one out.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/adjustable-panhard-bar-spohn-vs-core.126098/

Had I not been able to source a beefier bar locally I would have sprung for the core bar.

I called core today and got answers to my questions.. they said their cnc machine was getting fixed today so I'll order one

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye