Adjustable Pedals on 5th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fackert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins6.7
So, just curious if this is common. Looking at getting a 3500 DRW for towing large RV, which means - the wife will have to drive some of the time on longer trips.

Problem... for her... the steering wheel doesn't adjust in/out, so using the seat to move forward. Then moving the pedals towards the drivers seat. BUT as the pedals move towards the driver, they also move up towards the steering column - so, her foot slowly becomes unable to reach the bottom of the pedal.

It got to be that, (she is 5'4" and has a size 7 shoe), she had about 1 inch of her shoe top on the bottom of the pedal when it was adjusted so she was able to drive it.

That was somewhat of a surprise to both of us. We never even thought about evaluating pedal location when looking at new trucks. The more she adjusted the pedals towards the seat - the higher the pedals kept going.

We are going to try a 2500 next weekend to see how that compares & if it has the same issues. I told her she might need to put a small block of 2x4 under her foot, but - she didn't think that was very funny.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Unfortunately there is no difference between the 2500 and 3500 trucks seating/pedal/steering wheel wise. Even the Mega-Cab shares the same front seat arrangements as the Crew Cab

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
Power seat? You can raise the height of the seat using the tilt both front/back, unless you have a 10-way, which has a separate button for it.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
She could try wearing cowboy/cowgirl boots. I don't let my wife drive while I'm in the truck. Just kidding about the boots.

OP
OP
F

fackert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins6.7
Well, that is some great ideas. I will try the power seat lift. Cowboy boots might look pretty good also... have to suggest that...lol