Adjusting rear control arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got the core upper and lower rear arms, and the illicit no cut brackets, i noticed my passenger side is a little bit further back than driver side wheel, whats the best way to get them even?

beebop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know an easy way, maybe start by contacting illicit and see what they say? Maybe try to get it on an alignment rack? Or a body shop that has a rack set up for straightening frames? With the laser measuring equipment they use they should be able to get you dead-on.

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I matched length to stock bars when I did it

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I matched length to stock bars when I did it
How did it look before you added the brackets? and/or control arms?
I’ve got the Illicit no-cut brackets and stock arms and both sides look similar- just looked, had me curious

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where did you purchase the illicit brackets
Not sure who you’re asking
Mine came new from a member on the classified here
I don’t know if they’re still available from Illicit
Keep an eye open as used ones do come up for sale on the forum

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did it look before you added the brackets? and/or control arms?
I’ve got the Illicit no-cut brackets and stock arms and both sides look similar- just looked, had me curious
Before the rear wheels pushed forward. It looks like it might be a half inch further back
Control arms are adjusted to be stock length. It may not be an issue, mostly curious, still trying to sort a 55-65 mild vibration

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got mine from Moe's performance about 2 years ago

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turns out my eyeballs are wrong, just measured its even on both sides, from the front of the fender well to the edge of tire is 5 inches, from the back of tire to sedge of rear of fender well is 4 inches. Should I undo the lower arms and try to bring it in half an inch?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Find somebody to drive it,while you follow it,if
Turns out my eyeballs are wrong, just measured its even on both sides, from the front of the fender well to the edge of tire is 5 inches, from the back of tire to sedge of rear of fender well is 4 inches. Should I undo the lower arms and try to bring it in half an inch?

Get the wife or a buddy to drive it while you follow it,if it's tracking straight with no sign of dog tracking don't mess with it.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
Measure the rear axle from side to side and make sure its centered that way too...
If you do try and adjust the axle back to center it at 4.5", make sue the pinion angle doesn't get messed up...

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Here’s an extreme case

Reminds me of a mid 70's Ford F100 or F150,they went down the road sideways right from when they left the factory,lol.Looks like somebody might of slapped a curb sideways pretty hard with that truck

Rader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel

You may get driveline vibration if you do that. My last Jeep was lifted adjustable long arm suspension both ends. If you adjust the lower arms without adjusting the upper arms you change the pinion angle. Typically pinion angle is adjusted so the universal joints angles are within their specs. The adjustment is different depending on the type of joints. Spicer has the info.

Measuring Angles | Spicer Parts

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hadnt noticed any dog panting on the road. Did get the tires rotated and rebalanced computerized, seems to have helped quite a bit. Tire guy said the last balance was a good bit off.