Advice on A-Pillar brackets for a 2018 PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skydyver83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Just came into possession of some Rigid D-SRS PRO cubes and looking for some advice on A-Pillar mounting. I like the Baja designs brackets but I think they are only sold with the lights in kit form. SDHQ has brackets that require some modifications to the plastic cowling. Zroadz brackets attach to the hood hinges.
Any thoughts, other options?
Appreciate the help

Gremlin4x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I’ve got the SDHQ brackets and I really like it. You do have to trim a little plastic but you’ll never notice your work after it’s done. Brackets are solid!!!
94E113C3-05C9-4C08-A922-5B12A1C4EFE9.jpeg
910CA7C3-DC32-40BE-AB91-931CAC68489C.jpeg
1C8E653B-5D17-4ED4-9E33-C95FE7863AF6.jpeg

OP
OP
skydyver83

skydyver83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
That looks great. Any issues with clearances with the hood open, looks tight. Did you have to trim plastic on both sides, how much and what did you use?
Thanks again for the great pics.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Damn $149, I missed the Jeep days haha

OP
OP
skydyver83

skydyver83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Thanks, those brackets are similar to the ZROADZ solution, hood attachment as opposed to the SDHQ fender attachment. Curious if the hood attachment affected by vibration (some PW owners complain of hood movement at speed) or the need to leave more slack in the wiring for the opening and closing of the hood.
I did like those lights with the ability to swap between different lens colors and they had very low profile comjpared to other light set-ups I've seen.

Gremlin4x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
That looks great. Any issues with clearances with the hood open, looks tight. Did you have to trim plastic on both sides, how much and what did you use?
Thanks again for the great pics.
No issues with clearance. I used razor I trimmed a slot on each side.

OP
OP
skydyver83

skydyver83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Thanks, saw a youtube video that led me to believe there was more surgery involved. Got cold feet and ordered the ZROADZ product from Amazon because of the 2-day shipping hoping to do an install this weekend. Surprise! I received a set of brackets in a plain box absent the manufacturers literature/warantee, the finish on the brackets wasn't good for the price, no ZROADZ logo engraved and a xerox page copy of install instructions not the several page version on the website. I'm guessing it's the Ebay version knockoff. Amazon is sending a replacement but not in time for this weekend. If it's the same thing I will be returning again and either order direct or give SDHQ another look.
Thanks again for the insight.