AEV Dualsport 3" Lift on 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exdeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins
Hey All -

Anyone have first hand experience with and/or run the AEV Dualsport 3" lift on their 2500? I'm about to grab a 2500, and my first set of modifications on it will likely be the Dualsport lift and 37" tires. I currently have Icons on my 1500, but think for the 2500 I am going to kit it out with the AEV setup.

• How was the ride and on-road mannerisms with it? Off-road happy with it?
  • How significant of an impact to your mpg was the lift and 37's? (My 1500 saw about 2mpg decrease with tires and level, so curious). Which engine? Mine will be Cummins.
  • Any issues with the kit and lift? Any rubbing or restrictions you saw?

Thanks for your help! I haven't seen a ton of first hand accounts on the equipment, so really want to do my research before I decide which way to go.

Link for reference: https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/ram-hd-3-dualsport-sc-suspension-2/#year

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey All -

Anyone have first hand experience with and/or run the AEV Dualsport 3" lift on their 2500? I'm about to grab a 2500, and my first set of modifications on it will likely be the Dualsport lift and 37" tires. I currently have Icons on my 1500, but think for the 2500 I am going to kit it out with the AEV setup.

• How was the ride and on-road mannerisms with it? Off-road happy with it?
  • How significant of an impact to your mpg was the lift and 37's? (My 1500 saw about 2mpg decrease with tires and level, so curious). Which engine? Mine will be Cummins.
  • Any issues with the kit and lift? Any rubbing or restrictions you saw?

Thanks for your help! I haven't seen a ton of first hand accounts on the equipment, so really want to do my research before I decide which way to go.

Link for reference: https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/ram-hd-3-dualsport-sc-suspension-2/#year

I dont have any experience with that kit however I have a 3 inch lift on my 2500 from Thuren with king 2.0 shocks. At that price I would really look long and hard at Thuren.

Cnbro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you purchase? I’m considering same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you want to retain all the factory capabilities of the suspension, then go with AEV. Since its all drop spacers, it will basically perform/ride like stock. A set of 37’s however should make the suspension feel a bit softer.

If you want an actual performance upgrade for suspension then look elsewhere.

Cnbro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone with real feedback on this- still trying to determine if I want to do this - also have a camper to consider.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They’re telling you that the AEV will basically lift the truck without adding much performance increase (I.E. it used spacers to achieve a higher ride height but performs exactly like it did factory stock).

then they let you know that you could go with Thuren and get the added ride height PLUS some additional performance gain.

Id probably forego AEV and look into something like Thuren for lift in this case.

the only thing maybe they can help you with is how the Thuren stuff tows and you might wanna give some details about your camper weight and the tongue weight so they can help better.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone with real feedback on this- still trying to determine if I want to do this - also have a camper to consider.

There are probably a zillion people with this kit...it is basically 100% stock suspension other than different shocks. It will pretty much perform just like stock does...just 3” higher up front and 2” out back.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Yeppers. They’ve nailed it. AEV is stockish. If you’re towing Thuren will squat unless you ad air bags. Question is what is “off-roading”? If you’re looking for better off-road manners then hands down Thuren or Carli. Mild off-roading and more towing go AEV. And yeah AEV won’t flex like Thuren for sure

98875A27-BB86-4532-9507-150929202FDF.jpeg

229F47AC-C0AC-4C6F-BD83-58F3824081D8.jpeg