AEV - PROcal Snap users read this to clear ABS error code.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PSA for current and future owners of the Procal Snap for 19+. When programming tire size holding down the brake and cruise button for longer than 3 seconds can put the system into fault mode. This happened to my rig and a friend's rig. On his he wasn't sure the issue, (as in if it was the AEV or an issue from the factory) took it to the dealer and they said his ABS module was bricked. He has been without his truck for 4 weeks and missed several events as he waits for the part as it's on a national backorder.

Well, after many hours of googling my friend ran across this bulletin buried deep within AEV. It took several attempts to solve but following those steps seemed to fix the issue on both trucks.

Dash picture from both trucks. Mine on top his below.

Attachments

• 20220528_165245.jpg
    20220528_165245.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Resized_20220528_170307.jpeg
    Resized_20220528_170307.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Resized_20220529_193722.jpeg
    Resized_20220529_193722.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 92

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks for this. I’ve got the Procal snap for my 2021. I’ll keep this bulletin handy.

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
PSA for current and future owners of the Procal Snap for 19+. When programming tire size holding down the brake and cruise button for longer than 3 seconds can put the system into fault mode. This happened to my rig and a friend's rig. On his he wasn't sure the issue, (as in if it was the AEV or an issue from the factory) took it to the dealer and they said his ABS module was bricked. He has been without his truck for 4 weeks and missed several events as he waits for the part as it's on a national backorder.

Well, after many hours of googling my friend ran across this bulletin buried deep within AEV. It took several attempts to solve but following those steps seemed to fix the issue on both trucks.

Good stuff. How long have you been running it now and would you recommend a guy like me getting one?

OP
OP
Adventurebound

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good stuff. How long have you been running it now and would you recommend a guy like me getting one?
Been running it for a year and a half. Didn't run into this "issue" until my radio was replaced and the dealer reset everything to factory settings.

I would recommend it all day long. Super simple to use and works great, just follow this bulletin and you will be fine. AEV makes some of the best products out there.

grimmecm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Just saved my life. EXACT issue this morning. Cheers!

Stuart B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Second that, as you just saved my life today as well. I had enough dash lights come on today it felt like I was in Vegas! Thanks for posting this!

Sodapop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks for posting this! I ran into this problem when I installed my SNAP initially. Luckily it was a weekday and AEV Tech Support talked me through it as I thought I fried my ECM. That was over a year ago right after the SNAP was available for my 2020 PW. Tonight I was attempting to put my truck back to factory settings so I could install y PULSAR and POW, every light was on. I couldn't remember what AEV directed me to do and I was afraid I'd screw it up even more.
Long story short, thanks Adventurebound!

Bocaloco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I seem to be having this issue now with my 2024. I was able to get everything connected and programmed correctly. However, using the gps on my phone and then comparing this to my speedometer, I was off anywhere from 4-5mph. I know the GPS on my phone is accurate because I tested it not only on my truck prior to swapping the wheels & tires, but also tested this on my other vehicles.

So I found this thread and of course redid everything as posted for the fix and still have the check engine light with the code in the picture. Also, the TPMS SENSORS are now empty.

I guess I’ll just drive it for a while and see if everything clears out. My Scan Gauge 3 won’t delete the code either.

Also, have you guys checked your actual speed using a gps compared to what your speedometer is showing? Are you accurate?

Attachments

• IMG_2578.jpeg
    IMG_2578.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2579.jpeg
    IMG_2579.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1