AEV Switch Pod installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I used a distribution block. JB uses some sort of crimp connector.

ArizonaWolfe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
JB1 - Glad this post stayed around!!! I am looking at doing this. How did you wire up the 6 (red) wires together to the battery. Did you use a buss type connector or crimped them together? Pic would be helpful. Thanks

cjamt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Outstanding! I am adding Diode Dynamics pod lights to my 2018 RAM 2500 with the same center console. Since I want to operated some of the left and right pods independently, the AUX switches don't cut it. Full disclosure, I am not a EE, so I have to paint by the numbers. Since you did such a great job on the post, the only questions I have is to clarify how you mounted the LittleFuse Box and what relays you used and where you purchased them. Also, since I am adding "alley" lights to the cap protector on my Diamondback bed cover, I need to figure out how to route the harness from the bed, under the bed and up to the engine compartment. If you have any experience/ideas on this I am all ears. Again outstanding post.

cjamt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Follow up to initial post. I meant to mention that the pod lights I am using have a secondary backlight feature. That means that I would be using an on-off-on rocker switch. The top would be the main light and the bottom would be for the backlight feature. I don't understand the dependent/independent switch feature.

daltana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I am going to do this to my 2010 Cummins 3500. The top switch cover fits the dash contour and will modify the base to attach it to the dash.

I have the AEV switch mount, switches with covers, relay box, connectors with terminals.

Just need to buy the wire.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Outstanding! I am adding Diode Dynamics pod lights to my 2018 RAM 2500 with the same center console. Since I want to operated some of the left and right pods independently, the AUX switches don't cut it. Full disclosure, I am not a EE, so I have to paint by the numbers. Since you did such a great job on the post, the only questions I have is to clarify how you mounted the LittleFuse Box and what relays you used and where you purchased them. Also, since I am adding "alley" lights to the cap protector on my Diamondback bed cover, I need to figure out how to route the harness from the bed, under the bed and up to the engine compartment. If you have any experience/ideas on this I am all ears. Again outstanding post.
I realize this is an old post now, but did you ever mount those bed lights? I ran LED bed lights under the cap and routed the wires back to left tail light housing and under the bed and followed the stock wiring harness all the way back to the fuse box. I also added back-up lights as well and routed the harness together with the bed light wires. It took a while to run them but it's a real clean install. If you've already completed it (again, a very old post) then this won't really help, but hope it went well.

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I realize this is an old post now, but did you ever mount those bed lights? I ran LED bed lights under the cap and routed the wires back to left tail light housing and under the bed and followed the stock wiring harness all the way back to the fuse box. I also added back-up lights as well and routed the harness together with the bed light wires. It took a while to run them but it's a real clean install. If you've already completed it (again, a very old post) then this won't really help, but hope it went well.

Thanks, I wired my bed lights up to the cargo lights and my reverse lights are wired to the switch pod and to the trailer harness with a diode. The diode allows the lights to come on automatically when put in reverse or by the switch in the pod if I need to.

Attachments

• IMG_4437.jpeg
    IMG_4437.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0016.jpeg
    IMG_0016.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0013.jpeg
    IMG_0013.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 7

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I wired my bed lights up to the cargo lights and my reverse lights are wired to the switch pod and to the trailer harness with a diode. The diode allows the lights to come on automatically when put in reverse or by the switch in the pod if I need to.
JB1...good to see you on here! I thought you had runnoft..., but good to know you're around. I've been away for a while though and just getting back into digging around in the forum. I also wired LED bed lights in mine and connected them to the switch pod. I already had the two factory LED lights near the tailgate but the LED strip makes sooo much of a difference! I also added rear lights under the bed on each side of the spare tire to help with backing up in the dark. I'm still building out my AEV switch panel and am expecting two more switches to arrive on Tuesday. I only have 4 active devices though so will have two blanks for now. But, need to find an "accessory" wire to connect to PIN 6 on the switch. I don't want to tun it all the way back to the fuse box though. I think though you ran yours all the way back to your box, right? Where do you recommend connecting to closer to the switch panel?

Reactions: JB1
OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes sir I’m still around but I don’t really contribute like before, there’s a lot more knowledgeable members here than me. I still have my truck but I haven’t done any recent upgrades. I’ve been fortunate that all of the mods I did are still doing great.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes sir I’m still around but I don’t really contribute like before, there’s a lot more knowledgeable members here than me. I still have my truck but I haven’t done any recent upgrades. I’ve been fortunate that all of the mods I did are still doing great.
Well, you're still a very knowledgeable asset. But, looking at your schematic it looks like you ran the "accessory" wire back to the fuse box. Is that right? If not, where did you connect it?