Afe rebel series exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Im gonna take a guess and say the fitment issue may be due to the added skid plates under the pw.

This is what I thinking also, but it still seem like the lower control arm would be in the way. It must sit kind of low to miss it.

Soto3389

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So just got off the phone with tech support at at AFE. They said the difference comes in the the hanger location of the pipe just behind the muffler. The guy told me it's different on the power wagon VS the the normal 2500.

This didn't make much sense to me as their Mach XP system fit both trucks. He said its because of the exit style that meses with the placement on the wagon.

I don't really buy it. My guess would be the same as yours, the skid plates interfere. Figured I'd just share the info. Feel free to chime in or if someone else want to call and see what they tell you lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Chrisy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
image.jpeg

The dual exhaust fits mine on both sides very well. 4" exhaust, 5" tip. The sliders only cover to the end of the cab tho. The box has no step.

Soto3389

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I love your setup! If only they didn't drone so bad. I guess because the rebel exhaust come out in front of the passenger tire, that where it guess screwy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
View attachment 148089
The sliders only cover to the end of the cab tho. The box has no step.
Do you mean your Amp Research steps? If so, those aren’t sliders and I think you’d be very unhappy with the results if you used them as sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
View attachment 148089

The dual exhaust fits mine on both sides very well. 4" exhaust, 5" tip. The sliders only cover to the end of the cab tho. The box has no step.
I like that but I really wanted the exhaust that exits in front of tire. I think I'm goin to just put the exhaust on hold and spend that money on the pre order morimoto headlamps. They are badass looking and makes the truck look newer like what may come out on the 2019 pw

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like that but I really wanted the exhaust that exits in front of tire. I think I'm goin to just put the exhaust on hold and spend that money on the pre order morimoto headlamps. They are badass looking and makes the truck look newer like what may come out on the 2019 pw

Good call...remember that putting the exhaust exits in front of the rear axle WILL discolor wheels! While I think the overall look is cool, I'm wouldn't look forward to spending more time cleaning my rig (unlike some sadists around here!).

TXCOMT

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Good call...remember that putting the exhaust exits in front of the rear axle WILL discolor wheels! While I think the overall look is cool, I'm wouldn't look forward to spending more time cleaning my rig (unlike some sadists around here!).

TXCOMT
Never thought of that. Thanks for sharing that with me now I feel better about putting off the exhaust.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also, depending on where the tips terminate, it may add a bunch of heat to the tire, which is obviously not good.

I saw pics of a guy who cut the resonator off but didnt do anything else to extend the pipe... ended up melting all his trailer and backup sensor wiring.