Affiliate Pricing Expiriences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
I just found out that my employer is an Affiliate Premier Partner with Chrysler. Supposedly this means is that I would get the truck for 1% below Dealer Invoice (which I'm supposed to look for the PP on the invoice, not to be confused with the FFP or EP price) plus rebates.

So my question, anyone used this program? Wondering if it's a truly the way to get the best price

LaserMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I purchased my 2019 through the Affiliate program last May. There weren't a lot of deals out there at the time so the Affiliate program definitely helped, saved me thousands of dollars.

OP
OP
Gottabdcheese

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
I purchased my 2019 through the Affiliate program last May. There weren't a lot of deals out there at the time so the Affiliate program definitely helped, saved me thousands of dollars.
Thanks! That also answers another thought I had. I asssumed deals would be better in May because of Memorial Day, but maybe not

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It might not get you the "best" price, but it will get you a fair price with ZERO haggling and also fixes the dealer prep fee to a low fee vs. the hundreds they usually charge.

I used it to get my 2016.
I even told them I had it but didn't take the paper with me, just messing around, I let them do the here's my best price thing for a few days.
When they still weren't coming down to where I thought they should - and definitely not near the affiliate price - I walked in with the paper and took the truck for the affiliate price.

userjh160

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used it too. Picked ours up not long after they started hitting the lots and I was happy with the discount.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mkel2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
1 percent below invoice isn't really that much. I just ordered a Ram through the Costco Autobuying program and the price was $1250 under invoice plus any applicable incentives. This is now the third vehicle I've bought thorough Costco and have never once had a problem, nor was their any need for negotiation. My purchase using Costco ended up about $800 under Friends and Family and about $1400 over employee price.

OP
OP
Gottabdcheese

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
1 percent below invoice isn't really that much. I just ordered a Ram through the Costco Autobuying program and the price was $1250 under invoice plus any applicable incentives. This is now the third vehicle I've bought thorough Costco and have never once had a problem, nor was their any need for negotiation. My purchase using Costco ended up about $800 under Friends and Family and about $1400 over employee price.
How did it compare to the MSRP? I think that is the only true price to base it off.

OP
OP
Gottabdcheese

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
It might not get you the "best" price, but it will get you a fair price with ZERO haggling and also fixes the dealer prep fee to a low fee vs. the hundreds they usually charge.

I used it to get my 2016.
I even told them I had it but didn't take the paper with me, just messing around, I let them do the here's my best price thing for a few days.
When they still weren't coming down to where I thought they should - and definitely not near the affiliate price - I walked in with the paper and took the truck for the affiliate price.
It’s interesting with this dealer. They seem a little hesitant to talk about it...which makes me want to know more! They say the deal I have now is better than affiliate pricing. It may very well be since we are at $4,600 off MSRP before rebates and incentives. But I still want to see what it is!

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You don't go through the dealer to get the certificate, once you have that, then you walk in with it and they will show you the paperwork.

$4600 off msrp before any rebates or incentives sounds like a good place. I don't think there is anywhere near that kind of markup on the Rams.
Though it could be depending on model and trim. Esp. on Laramie Longhorn and Limited.

What is the out the door price? or at least price with rebates/incentives?

It can't hurt to have the certificate and go in with it and then take the better of the 2 deals - it does save a few hundred on the BS fees.

Last edited:

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One thing, if you are trading in a vehicle, get that value for your trade BEFORE showing or mentioning the affiliate price - other wise most will low ball your trade to make up for the $$

It is all a balancing act and the only number that matters is the price out the door BEFORE taxes/registration but after any BS fees they want to try to add.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is an example of the discount from the affiliate pricing. Though the ex. they give a few years old.
2016 RAM 1500 Crew Laramie 4x4 MSRP $52,335 PREFERRED PRICE$47,305 SAVINGS OFF OF MSRP $5,030

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just found out that my employer is an Affiliate Premier Partner with Chrysler. Supposedly this means is that I would get the truck for 1% below Dealer Invoice (which I'm supposed to look for the PP on the invoice, not to be confused with the FFP or EP price) plus rebates.

So my question, anyone used this program? Wondering if it's a truly the way to get the best price

You do know how to get your certificate number and everything, correct?

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/

Input your company code which you get here -

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/content/dam/affiliate-rewards/docs/companylocator.pdf

OP
OP
Gottabdcheese

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
You do know how to get your certificate number and everything, correct?

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/

Input your company code which you get here -

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/content/dam/affiliate-rewards/docs/companylocator.pdf
Yes. I have the certificate number and ready to go. I did talk to affiliate customer service and they confirmed that it’s up to the individual dealer to choose if they want to participate since they are individually owned and operated.
On a side note.....with that list how can you NOT work for an affiliate?!? I thought I was special, until I saw that list!

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL, it is quite a big list, but I don't think everyone gets the same discount.
Mine is under the fleet version.

DepotBo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Work for Federal Government.. is there is any type of Affiliate pricing for government employees?

OP
OP
Gottabdcheese

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
Work for Federal Government.. is there is any type of Affiliate pricing for government employees?
Look through the list that pacofortacos posted in a comment in this thread it would tell you if your employer is part of the program and what the code would be.

Mikent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the affiliate discount when I purchased my truck. There were additional rebates or discounts available when I bought and I was able to include the discounts for additional savings. They added up to considerable savings. My company get Ford affiliate pricing which I checked to see how they compared, Fords are considerably more.