After two months of dealing with car salepeople......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree with Matthew above...I too sold cars for a while and the biggest lessons I learned were;
1) Research - Research - Research. you should know more about the truck your looking for than the salesperson (that really don't take much these days)
2) Treat them nicely - Be a jerk and guess what, they don't want to work with you much
3) Be ready to walk away. Do not feel you have to buy something right there/right then

But back to the OP ... Nice truck and welcome. I have not been here long myself but there is a ton of information on these pages.

I don't disagree with any of those! Build sheet availability is a HUGE help when looking.

RamBlade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congratulations on the new truck!! I have the same one only in Granite. Hope you have many thousands of happy miles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnUSA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree with Matthew above...I too sold cars for a while and the biggest lessons I learned were;
1) Research - Research - Research. you should know more about the truck your looking for than the salesperson (that really don't take much these days)
2) Treat them nicely - Be a jerk and guess what, they don't want to work with you much
3) Be ready to walk away. Do not feel you have to buy something right there/right then

But back to the OP ... Nice truck and welcome. I have not been here long myself but there is a ton of information on these pages.

Don't forget, as part of your research/homework, to bring your financial institution into the discussion up front. And your insurance company. Many people go in very financially uninformed. I hit up my CU first with a copy of build sheet. The CU has a program where they can plug in the vehicle, then plug in the options, and give you their value, not the dealer value.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i don't haggle anymore just one counter offer.i get pre approved don't tell them this up front of course.tell them what i want out the door with trade they come back with counter offer i say yes or no and its up to them if they want the sale.the last two times we were within 500.00 then i spring the i got pre approved. ****** some dealers off cause they can't back end you on finance but they aren't losing money or they would not sell the vehicle.and think of this if a dealer pays a flat 350.00 per unit to the sales person and they charge a 399 or higher doc fee you basically paid the sales person for them.which is fine just don't tell me the salesperson isn't making anything on the sale to make me feel bad.

cobra_pr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was finally able to close on my Ram .......I have forgotten how much I hate buying vehicles. A friend of mine, another 1500 owner, was nice enough to drive me 1.5 hours to pick her up. The ride back was great, love the V8 sound and power, the interior is equal to my old M5 and just can believe all the cabin room. Thanks to everyone to help me get off the fence and pull the trigger.

2019 1500 Limited

View attachment 161427

2019 1500 Limited
I was finally able to close on my Ram .......I have forgotten how much I hate buying vehicles. A friend of mine, another 1500 owner, was nice enough to drive me 1.5 hours to pick her up. The ride back was great, love the V8 sound and power, the interior is equal to my old M5 and just can believe all the cabin room. Thanks to everyone to help me get off the fence and pull the trigger.

2019 1500 Limited

View attachment 161427

2019 1500 Limited
now you have a nice pick-up, the others is others

cobra_pr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
coming from being a ford customer I bought a 2013 sport which gave me an excellent service, then I bought a 2017 sport too and now I am waiting for my third Sport 2019 and really have no comparison. all my units run with Propano with a dual fuel system which works very well, with which I have a perfect vehicle. so I do not affect the environment and I have the latency of a 5.7-liter hemi