Aftermarket airbags????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlatbedHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Going to put another flatbed back on the truck, but this time a hybrid utility/farm bed with a hydraulic hay spear. After hauling hay at night I realize that my truck squats quite a bit with the factory bed and the hay bale (as was evident from my headlights blinding oncoming traffic), so im sure that I will encounter much more sag in the rear once I swap beds and load hay. So, looking for recommendations on the best bang for the buck airbag load leveling system for the 14-18 2500. Bonus points if you have experience with the recommended system.

Last edited:

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
x2 on airlift. I like mine. I could not pay the price for onboard air. i use a 40 dollar amazon air comp.

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get timbrens. No stupid air hoses to deal with.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've run Firestone 5000 on two different HD trucks and love them. They are pretty much the same as the Airlifts I believe. I also skipped the onboard compressor and just us a portable. My bags can take up to 90psi and with my 5th wheel attached I only need about 35-40 to stiffen things up. With that load I'm right at my max payload of 3000#. I'm pretty sure at the max 90 I'd feel like I was driving on concrete blocks.

I've never run Timbrens but they would probably work as well. And I agree they are simpler in that they can't leak. The downside is there is no adjustability.

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I've run Firestone 5000 on two different HD trucks and love them. They are pretty much the same as the Airlifts I believe. I also skipped the onboard compressor and just us a portable. My bags can take up to 90psi and with my 5th wheel attached I only need about 35-40 to stiffen things up. With that load I'm right at my max payload of 3000#. I'm pretty sure at the max 90 I'd feel like I was driving on concrete blocks.

I've never run Timbrens but they would probably work as well. And I agree they are simpler in that they can't leak. The downside is there is no adjustability.
I like the airlifts over the firestones. because the airlifts have a built in bump stop. other than that there both great.

Doug Johnston

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm planning to install air bags on my 2500, and am trying to decide between Firestone and Airlift as well. I'm leaning toward the Firestone. I like the mounting brackets better and the way the rubber bags are sealed top and bottom.

Check out this video:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I use Airlift. Best bang for the buck and never had an issue on any of my trucks.

The kits I've used come with high quality stainless push-to-connect O-ring seal fittings and standard 1/4" airline tubing. Never experienced a leak in the system. Nothing beats the adjustability especially if you do an onboard air system that you can adjust on the fly. I even use them when I hook up to a trailer by filling them to lift the trailer's landing gear off the ground to make it easier cranking up or down.
Airbags are a necessity for me.