Aftermarket exhaust options for 6.4 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenk2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are folks doing for aftermarket exhaust on the 2019+ 6.4L 2500's? I see pieces out there for sale (i.e. mufflers/delete kits/tips), but nothing much out there for complete bolt-on cat back kits. Am I just missing those? Do I just need to piecemeal something together?

Ideally, I'd like something a bit louder and more free-flowing than stock, and I was thinking of going dual side exit (i.e. exiting on both sides of the bed).

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not much out there yet. Magnaflow makes a nice catback but only exits similar to stock
7c6e853a9a678e3557c55462f1d302ba.jpg

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
not much out there yet. Magnaflow makes a nice catback but only exits similar to stock
7c6e853a9a678e3557c55462f1d302ba.jpg
I put the MF cat back on my '17 2500 CCLB but chose the dual 5" chrope tips that dump out behind the right rear tire. Sorry, I dumped all the pics that I had on my phone onto my tower computer but I posted a bunch of the install on the "what did you do to your gen4 ram today" thread. I'd search it but lights out now, got surgery tomorrow. Don't want to miss that. Posted that stuff in fall of 2017. I like it a lot. Most people ask about the dual out, never seen one on a HD.

OP
OP
S

stevenk2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks - I just wasn't sure if I was missing something or if my Google skills were failing me or something. I guess I could just go with the MF for now, then upgrade to a dual side exit later on down the road when there's more available. I saw a rear muffler/resonator delete kit too somewhere, but I get worried about if there would be any drone as well as the overall exhaust sound with that. I wanted something that was a bit louder than stock with a nice rumble, but nothing too obnoxious.

Guess I could visit my local exhaust shop as well and see what they would quote me to do some work. I haven't even looked under the truck yet to see what the whole thing looks like rear of the headers. I guess in a perfect world I'd run a true dual exhaust back from those, but I get worried about monkeying around with the stock setup too much for fear of throwing codes and needing some kind of custom tune. Probably safest to just stick with a cat back setup and leave it at that until someone with more expertise than I have develops some kind of tuned system that won't cause any issues. The last thing I want to do is hack things up and end up voiding my warranty or something.

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow!!

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
mufflex magnaflow replacement and resonator chop/delete with a clamp on exhaust tip.
it sounds mean all day long and no drone with the windows up, tow mode if you want it!!
perfect for me coming from a hellcat, and perfect for my GF who likes rap music and naps.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
What are folks doing for aftermarket exhaust on the 2019+ 6.4L 2500's? I see pieces out there for sale (i.e. mufflers/delete kits/tips), but nothing much out there for complete bolt-on cat back kits. Am I just missing those? Do I just need to piecemeal something together?

Ideally, I'd like something a bit louder and more free-flowing than stock, and I was thinking of going dual side exit (i.e. exiting on both sides of the bed).
I don't have a '19 but I did put a MF Catback single into twin 5" tips. I think it looks waaaay better than stock. Added some sound improvement too. I'll try to send more pics. They're not on my phone now.ae749928996617daa8141cbb21e69138.jpg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m pretty sure I am going to go with this one, it looks clean and gets rid of the horrible placement and look of that factory resonator.

Let me know if you would like a quote on it. We typically have them in stock and run great pricing on them!

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've got a Gibson single stainless set up on my 18. looks like they have the same thing for 19. sounds great and the price isn't bad either.

Farm truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I bought a MBRP cat back system for my 2020 6.4, it was an easy install and came with a cool 5 inch polished tip. $378.10 to my door. Sounds great and looks great to me.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a MBRP cat back system for my 2020 6.4, it was an easy install and came with a cool 5 inch polished tip. $378.10 to my door. Sounds great and looks great to me.

My MBRP gets delivered this week! how do you like the sound? how was the install?

Farm truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The hardest part of the install was reinstalling the heavy ass spare. Use soapy water in a spray bottle for the rubber hangers, not oil. You will start by taking down the spare and heat shield, then removing the stock exhaust. DO NOT tighten the clamps on the exhaust until you replace the heat shield, then twist/adjust to clear. I only have about 1/2" of clearance between the shield and that big new 4" pipe, but no issues. The sound is great, it makes me smile. I have a little drone at 55-58 mph in top gear and the engine is lugging. It really sounds good while towing and accelerating. I like the 5" polished tip. I'm very happy with mine.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The hardest part of the install was reinstalling the heavy ass spare. Use soapy water in a spray bottle for the rubber hangers, not oil. You will start by taking down the spare and heat shield, then removing the stock exhaust. DO NOT tighten the clamps on the exhaust until you replace the heat shield, then twist/adjust to clear. I only have about 1/2" of clearance between the shield and that big new 4" pipe, but no issues. The sound is great, it makes me smile. I have a little drone at 55-58 mph in top gear and the engine is lugging. It really sounds good while towing and accelerating. I like the 5" polished tip. I'm very happy with mine.

Awesome advice, did you use a exhaust hanger tool to get the stock one out? i couldnt get mine out on the 2017 and took it to a shop.

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need to tighten MBRP clamps to 100 ft lbs maybe more or they will leak, the exhaust fitment at the seems are terrible. I was not impressed, might have to have joints welded.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I really wish someone would make a proper exhaust for these trucks. Especially the PW. having the low hanging tip on all of them really steers me away.

Would be perfect if we could have something that tucked underneath

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
I really wish someone would make a proper exhaust for these trucks. Especially the PW. having the low hanging tip on all of them really steers me away.

Would be perfect if we could have something that tucked underneath
Just cut the awful resonator off the back and then it will sound good and be nice and tucked up out of the way.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I just want something with a nice finish lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We have had people run one of our muffler kit options like the MR400 or delete kit and then chop the exhaust before the resonator then add a short tip to the end of that.

I have recently reached out to a manufacturer about making a turn down kit but have not heard an answer yet if it was going to be produced or not.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
My Borla kit with the black tip is sitting in a box, bought it when I was a few too many beers deep, now trying to decide of I really want my truck that loud!