Aftermarket parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean tutor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
So I ran across a set of aftermarket tail lights at a price I can’t pass out but be forewarned I buy them I was trying to figure out if I could put 2012 aftermarket tail light in my 2007 Ram if not do t want to waste the money so any body out there got a answer for me? Also can a 2012 rear bumper be mounted up on a 2004 ram and fit and look right my dad needs to replace his beat up ole bumper thanks guys for any help

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Unless you're willing to do or pay to have done custom fab work, no on both counts.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I ran across a set of aftermarket tail lights at a price I can’t pass out but be forewarned I buy them I was trying to figure out if I could put 2012 aftermarket tail light in my 2007 Ram if not do t want to waste the money so any body out there got a answer for me? Also can a 2012 rear bumper be mounted up on a 2004 ram and fit and look right my dad needs to replace his beat up ole bumper thanks guys for any help
I have put plenty of the 4th Gen rear bumpers on the 3rd Gen trucks. It can be done and it's not very difficult. There are two spots on the bumper that you will have to trim off. The sides of the bumper where it wraps the lower corner of the bed need to be trimmed. If I remember correctly the amount of trimming per side is 1.2cm. Two mounting holes line up and you have to redrill the lower hole. The 09+ bumper sits a full inch lower than the 3rd Gen bumper.

Once you have the bumper, sit it in place on your truck and you will see exactly what needs to happen to make it fit. I can do one in an hour and a half and that includes trimming the bumper on each side to avoid contact with the bed. I use a die grinder and a thin cutting disc to trim the bumper. Sit the bumper in place and use a Sharpie to mark the locations where the bumper makes contact. Super simple.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have put plenty of the 4th Gen rear bumpers on the 3rd Gen trucks. It can be done and it's not very difficult. There are two spots on the bumper that you will have to trim off. The sides of the bumper where it wraps the lower corner of the bed need to be trimmed. If I remember correctly the amount of trimming per side is 1.2cm. Two mounting holes line up and you have to redrill the lower hole. The 09+ bumper sits a full inch lower than the 3rd Gen bumper.

Once you have the bumper, sit it in place on your truck and you will see exactly what needs to happen to make it fit. I can do one in an hour and a half and that includes trimming the bumper on each side to avoid contact with the bed. I use a die grinder and a thin cutting disc to trim the bumper. Sit the bumper in place and use a Sharpie to mark the locations where the bumper makes contact. Super simple.
There you go assuming everyone has your skill level and/or experience again lol...

OP
OP
Sean tutor

Sean tutor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l