Aftermarket radio install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 big horn
Engine
hey got a question im a automotive tech for 5 years now, dont work on dodges much but my father inlaw has a 2012 ram big horn his stereo went out common issue is what i found about them, but he wanted to switch his stereo out awhile ago with an aftermarket and brought it to the dealership thats near him and they told him they couldnt do it cause its hard to bypass the radio security and it wont start up after? ive been installing aftermarket radios since i was 16, i have never run into this problem and i dont wana sink 200-300$ of his money into installing on for him for it not to work after im calling bull on the dealership side of things but does anyone know what the dealership is talking about

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Did an install on a 2008 work truck, 2009 sxt, 2010 Laramie, and a 2013 express all without issue. Normal aftermarket radio install without any issue.

Only part that wasn't simple drop in plug and play was cutting the factory bracket but that's pretty simple and self explanatory when you pull out the stock radio

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45