Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sho_Tyme671

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
GM Mopar fam. I am new to this forum so please bear with me. I was looking into rebuilding the front end of my '04 Ram 1500 4x4. I am starting with the CV axles due to boot failure of the drivers side and I know it's smart money to change both at the same time. I was looking on RockAuto and Amazon to find some bang for the buck products. However, I am not familiar with manufacturers like Detroit axle, Cardone, Mevotech, just to name a few. So I found my way here to get some expert advise. Suggestions??????

OP
OP
Sho_Tyme671

Sho_Tyme671

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
GM Mopar fam. I posted something about this on another thread, but like I said in that one, I am a certified NOOB! So I'm going to post in this one as well. I was looking for any info on whether I should swap out OEM for aftermarket, and any reviews on brands like Detroit Axle (Amazon), Cardone/Surtrack (RockAuto). I'm on a strict budget so the more expensive brands, as much as I want to, I just can't do. Thanks in advance guys

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Rock auto is going to be the best prices and give you a lot more options for your budget. I personally wouldn’t go with the Detroit ones. Have used cardone is past with good results. A1auto sells TRQ brand on the cheap also. A lot of the “cheap” stuff is Chinese made. So it’s save some money now and have to replace it down the road. The only question is who long down the road?

Silver Goose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Larame Longhorn
Engine
Cummings 6.7 Diesel
I suggest buying the best that you can many CV joints/axels come with a lifetime warranty, make sure it has grease zerks and use them.

Larry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are some pretty great deals to be had for the name brand stuff at Advance Auto as well. They nearly always have 25-30% off coupons for online purchases, if you’re a rewards member (free) you can get $5-$20 rewards when you spend like $50 or $100. They carry most top brands as well, so you don’t need to worry about quality of overseas junk. And I have never ever had an issue returning anything even if it was just my fault for ordering the wrong size. Theres something to be said for being able to walk into a store that day and have your parts and not have to be down for a week while your replacement parts ship in. And to top it all off they offer free rental tools for most projects if you don’t already have the equipment.

Id check out what they have on their site as well.

Not trying to be all sales pitchy, thats just my personal experience. Its one thing to try to save a penny, but ordering online with coupons and rewards and picking up in store at AA 30 minutes later is usually right in line with other online retailer pricing, with all the added benefits.