Aftermarket Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Akomack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Guys, I have a newly leased work truck. Big Horn Package level 1. My boss didn't realize that ram went away from the ala-carte method and assumed that a remote start came with the truck. He will be purchasing a remote start for me, but I would like one that works with the pushbutton.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a remote start that works with the pushbutton start? My wife has a Toyota that we put a remote start into and has the 'open any door and the vehicle dies if remote started' issue. I'm trying to find a brand that would work. We installed a viper with the Toyota, but I'm not sure how the 5th gen handles this.

19Jake

♕ REBEL LIFE ♕
Reaction score
Ram Year
'19 Rebel 12 HK
Engine
maybe your dealer can add a remote start module & fobs

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your best bet would be getting the factory remote start installed.

Cham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I inquired about a factory remote start for my 2019 Tradesman 2500 6.4L, dealer quoted me $1500. Does this seem a but high? When I ordered the truck I thought it came with remote start but when it arrived it did not have it. They may have forgotten to order it...

Maybe an aftermarket unit would work, any recommendations?

A buddy of mine has a 2016 with the factory remote start, he says get an aftermarket; the factory one has almost no range (maybe 20-30 ft) even with new batteries in the remote makes no difference. I'm not sure if it's just a problem with his truck, should have more range than that.. I can unlock the doors etc from several hundred feet away on my Ram. I really don't like the idea of going aftermarket, would like factory if possible if it works decently.

Gets cold up here in the winter, would like to be able to start it and let it warm up a bit before venturing out. I guess I am getting old.

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, it seems to be resolved... didn't htink I needed to start a new one for the same subject.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i'd like to have an option on a remote key fob that, when i press the LOCK button, it will close all windows as well as locking the truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye