Aftermarket steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
So after doing some searching around on here I can not see to find any information about installing an aftermarket steering wheel on my ram. Anyone have an information at all?

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I honestly have never seen one on a Ram. Only people that upgrade from low version to better but still OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went from the low rent Express one to a leather wrapped OEM, but I do believe there are some options out there, if OEM is not your thang.

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
I went from the low rent Express one to a leather wrapped OEM, but I do believe there are some options out there, if OEM is not your thang.

Definitely want to get away from oem and all I have ever seen is people upgrade within the oem world. I can not find any information anywhere.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Double post. There a are a few out there. I like the Ferrari type look too.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Carbonfiberelement on Instagram will rebuild and customize a stock wheel for you... it’s not cheap though..

Unless it’s a full blown race truck or something just about anything other then oem will look out of place. You can however modify the stock wheel to your liking but going overboard on it will make it look out of place. Just my $.2

Marcus Bancroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was thinking to change my Urethane wheel in my '10 for an OEM leather wrapped one, anyone done this before ? my only concern is transferring the airbag and all the controls over from the old wheel to the new, but presume its possible or they would not sell them.

Jho93

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
I was thinking to change my Urethane wheel in my '10 for an OEM leather wrapped one, anyone done this before ? my only concern is transferring the airbag and all the controls over from the old wheel to the new, but presume its possible or they would not sell them.
I did it quite a few times when I worked at dodge. so getting the airbag lock tabs up and removing the bag can be irritating but there should be removal videos. once you get the bag out disconnect it (make sure the battery is disconnected for a few minutes before you even start the swap) and set it aside. unplug the remaining connectors from the wheel and use an impact to take the bolt out of the center of the wheel should be 13mm or 16mm then thread the bolt back in a few threads (so the wheel doesnt fly off and hit you) and smack the back of the steering wheel towards you alternating the left hand and right hand sides. when it breaks free you can swap them out and plug everything in just make sure to re apply thread lock to the steering wheel retaining bolt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Friednice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L hemispherical combustion chamber
I upgraded my oem leather wrapped stock steering wheel to the Laramie Longhorn fancy leather and wood one, black wood too, looks awesome. Also noticed that the heat from the heated steering wheel is 5x hotter with the new fancy wheel.

Can confirm its a straight swap over

Dpressed1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I upgraded my oem leather wrapped stock steering wheel to the Laramie Longhorn fancy leather and wood one, black wood too, looks awesome. Also noticed that the heat from the heated steering wheel is 5x hotter with the new fancy wheel.

Can confirm its a straight swap over
Were/how much was the laramie steering wheel if you dont mind me asking? Ive been wanting to get one for my truck but theyre pricey

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Friednice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L hemispherical combustion chamber
Were/how much was the laramie steering wheel if you dont mind me asking? Ive been wanting to get one for my truck but theyre pricey

1500ish Canadian if I remember correctly, I had a friend of a friend help me out and got a dealio. My oem all leather factory installed one was pealing/pitting at the top a year or 2 after I bought it and asked Chrysler if it was warranty. Sent in pics and they said NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Cheers

92145861_2830809053653067_4556083148475072512_n.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
376steve