Air ride component reallocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSOP

Reaction score
Ram Year
I am getting ready to swap out my air ride to conventional springs. Adding air helpers in the rear to level when loaded. Has anyone done this and attempted to use OEM compressor and in cab controller for the air helpers?

ranger_dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L
I was thinking of the exact same thing! On board compressor and controls. Add in a gauge and you would be all set! Did you make it work? If so, please share the how to and your experience. That would be awesome. TIA!

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the front air ride wasn't attached I'd bet the system would fault out when trying to level the truck and not seeing a height change in the front also. Personally I'd keep the stock tanks and plumb in an aftermarket compressor and controls. The OEM compressor isn't the best anyway so I think you'd have better luck with it in the long run.

zrock

Reaction score
go aftermarket compressor and controller. i used bluetooth controller so i dont have any extra crap screwed to my dash