Air ride replacement help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Articlonestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone! Happy new years! I have a 2015 ram 1500 quad cab with 4x4 and active level air suspension. I have had the dreaded sag whenever I park and finally but the bullet and bought all 4 new air bags and compressor with valve block. I purchased the springs from TRQ as it wasn't a bazillion dollars and said oem fit. Well here I am now. I have the compressor and valve block swapped out and am having issues with the springs in rear.

I did a short fill to make sure that it seated on the cup. I lowered the truck onto the tire the proceeded to do the complete fill and I heard a terrible bang. Long story short the bag had hopped off the cup and shattered. Drivers side filled fine, so I thought.

Upon closer inspection, the rubber bladder in the spring when filled doesn't sit completely vertical under load. It starts to fold in the center and I believe that is why the passenger side failed.

The bags looked exactly the same as the oem Mopar ones I took off. I watched a video of an installation and I did everything exactly to that.

Anyone on here attempted to swap bags out for new bags? Am I missing something important? I'm currently at a loss for the next step. Wife is not happy about it either lol. Please help!

Joeburk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same thing happened to me. Bought a rear driver's side bag from TRQ. Put it in,loud bang. It also shot out. Put the one I took out, back in. That has leaks, it filled up no issue. It just has a leak in it. Weird how that bag blew out like it did. Like it had to much flex in the middle, instead of going up, it shot out the side.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I have seen this complaint more than once about replacement air bags. I would call TRQ and see what they are prepared to do. Aftermarket isn't always better than OEM. Did you check OEM price on Rock Auto or the Mopar wholesale parts sites?

Last edited: