Air ride suspension leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carr200j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello all,

I took my 2014 ram limited into the dealership because the air suspension would deflate sometimes over night or when I parked the truck. It doesn’t seem to have constant pattern when the bags completely deflate. Some mornings they are full and some the truck is on its bump stops. When I start the truck it lifts up and has no issue driving and holding air. It is always low on both sides and never sagging just on one. I was told by the dealership that both rear bags have small pin holes and it would be a $3500 fix to replace them both. I just find it weird that both bags seem to leak at the same rate and it’s always both.

Does anyone have any insite on this? Is the system designed that if one leaks both sides lower? Is it possible that there is a line leaking rather than the bags? Just trying to make sure the dealer isn’t trying to do more work than necessary and be sure both need to be replaced. The diagnostic is not cheap to take it for a second opinion so I’m not too sure if I should do that. Is there any simple tests I can do or look at to see where the leaks may be?

Any info on this issue is helpful.

Thank you all I’m advanced.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello all,

I took my 2014 ram limited into the dealership because the air suspension would deflate sometimes over night or when I parked the truck. It doesn’t seem to have constant pattern when the bags completely deflate. Some mornings they are full and some the truck is on its bump stops. When I start the truck it lifts up and has no issue driving and holding air. It is always low on both sides and never sagging just on one. I was told by the dealership that both rear bags have small pin holes and it would be a $3500 fix to replace them both. I just find it weird that both bags seem to leak at the same rate and it’s always both.

Does anyone have any insite on this? Is the system designed that if one leaks both sides lower? Is it possible that there is a line leaking rather than the bags? Just trying to make sure the dealer isn’t trying to do more work than necessary and be sure both need to be replaced. The diagnostic is not cheap to take it for a second opinion so I’m not too sure if I should do that. Is there any simple tests I can do or look at to see where the leaks may be?

Have you gave any thought to replacing the system with a spring set-up.Calgarys not a great climate for the air ride system,and if you do a search on here,you'll find a few threads on replacing the air system with normal struts/springs.I think the kit that replaces the air system comes out of Canada to

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello all,

Curt Gobbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
My 2014 Laramie Limited gave me air suspension fits a while back...https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-i-solved-my-air-suspension-problem.177637/

After a year of constant headaches, I finally removed the air suspension (glad I did to) ...

David Kirch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello all,

I am fighting the exact same symptoms. occasional sagging tail. On a recent road trip, set on aero, the entire truck dropped down and I had to pull off since it was bucking down the highway. Turned off aero, and then drove normal for remainder of trip. I tried aero again and it bottomed our again. Almost seems like a sensor issure more than a leak.

How does a slightly leaking bag not simply always leak down?

I also looked at compressor and it appears to be somewhat loose on its rubber bushings.

Any other thoughts than replacing with conventional suspension?

Logjammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just replaced all of mine and couldn't be happier. I have a recent post on this. I installed Rancho quick lifts on the front which levels the truck, variable rate coils on the rear (35% heavier than stock but still rides nice unloaded) and Gabriel shocks in back. There's a few added parts like rear spring isolators and new jounce bumpers. All in I paid like $830 US from Rockauto. Took me about one day...nothing super tough about it. Look up the Monroe kit install video which shows you the process.

7livzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the rear left wheel airbag first, its very simple to do. All problems start from there.

Nola Bill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Heme V8
Just replaced all of mine and couldn't be happier. I have a recent post on this. I installed Rancho quick lifts on the front which levels the truck, variable rate coils on the rear (35% heavier than stock but still rides nice unloaded) and Gabriel shocks in back. There's a few added parts like rear spring isolators and new jounce bumpers. All in I paid like $830 US from Rockauto. Took me about one day...nothing super tough about it. Look up the Monroe kit install video which shows you the process.
Ditto. Spend a year and waaaay too much money at the local dealer who just kept replacing parts. They had absolutely no clue how to fix it. Went with Airdelete.com and did it myself in my driveway. Wasn’t too bad. So happy now.