Air ride suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arena30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Has anyone who has the factory air ride suspension have any issues with the service air suspension warning come on and the air ride system not working at all?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you checked the fuse under the hood? Lots of times, that’s all it is. Have you been having issues before? How old is the truck?

If you had Alfa OBD, an android tablet/windows computer and either the wired usb diagnostic port cord or the wireless dongle that Alfa lists on their site, that program would be able to connect directly to your air suspension control module and tell you exactly what’s wrong but if you don’t have that, who know knows what it is without a little more detail into your issue.

OP
OP
Arena30

Arena30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yeah, I pulled the fuse and checked it, it was fine and that still didn’t fix it. I don’t have the Alpha OBD system either, wish I did.

OP
OP
Arena30

Arena30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Ok, so I went back out and checked the fuses again. Apparently I missed the air suspension module, pulled the fuse and now it works. Thanks Corneileous for the helpful suggestions. I really appreciate it.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, so I went back out and checked the fuses again. Apparently I missed the air suspension module, pulled the fuse and now it works. Thanks Corneileous for the helpful suggestions. I really appreciate it.
So I take it the fuse was blown or was the fuse fine and you just pulled it out and put it back in? If it was blown, it could possibly be low on nitrogen because if it is, that could cause the pump to run too long which blows the fuse so the pump motor doesn't heat up.

OP
OP
Arena30

Arena30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The fuse was fine and not blown. I just put it back in and it worked after that.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are threads on this forum about checking your fuses as they come from the factory not fully seated. It's possible it wasn't fully seated to begin with and it finally loosened up enough to cause the issue.

Glad it was just the fuse though...good luck with it going forward.

OP
OP
Arena30

Arena30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yeah, me too thanks. I’ll definitely go through and check the other fuses now. Thanks for the heads up.

SERGE PICARD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Horrible set up, my two main wires broke right at the entrance to the compressor...the whole thing need to be replaced...guess who's scrapping their air suspension.:)

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Horrible set up, my two main wires broke right at the entrance to the compressor...the whole thing need to be replaced...guess who's scrapping their air suspension.:)
So, the wires just can't be fixed? Id be trying to fix the wires before I spent all that money and time deleting the air suspension but thats just me.

SERGE PICARD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, the wires just can't be fixed? Id be trying to fix the wires before I spent all that money and time deleting the air suspension but thats just me.
The wires go right into the compressor motor. Opened up, zero room to add wire. Plus, the covered wire from the plug right to the motor, pitch black. Would love to know how plastic sealed copper wires turn black with moisture. I tried, but no luck to fix it.

Plainbroke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh how I wish mine had air ride. But I will just do a 2/4 drop instead. Want to get the progressive springs with 35% more load handling.. Everything I read says they ride great.

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The wires go right into the compressor motor. Opened up, zero room to add wire. Plus, the covered wire from the plug right to the motor, pitch black. Would love to know how plastic sealed copper wires turn black with moisture. I tried, but no luck to fix it.

7livzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check wires that comes from compressor. They might be broken inside.
photo_2023-03-21_14-04-08.jpgphoto_2023-03-21_14-15-47.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio