Air suspension Front colapse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaymondLambe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my 2017 Quad cab with air suspension has dropped the two front bags. I live in Ontario, North, and this is the 3rd time it's done it to me. I am fed up. I want to swap the two fronts out for struts (bought them already) does anyone have any info on what I have to do to leave the rear bags in, and an over ride the fronts? Thanks.

Curt Gobbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Start by reading this and the attachment.

If your air suspension only fails in freezing weather, then you have moisture in your system which is freezing the solenoids in an open position and an alcohol based lubricant will help solve it.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So my 2017 Quad cab with air suspension has dropped the two front bags. I live in Ontario, North, and this is the 3rd time it's done it to me. I am fed up. I want to swap the two fronts out for struts (bought them already) does anyone have any info on what I have to do to leave the rear bags in, and an over ride the fronts? Thanks.
Blocking/plugging the front lines and flashing the computer to a rear only option. My suggestion is to just ditch the whole thing and go rear coils. Because the rear is going to do the same thing at some point.
@Tim7139 has figured these systems out for the cold weather applications and should be able to help you out if you have interest in keeping your air ride

OP
OP
R

RaymondLambe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, the plan is to ditch the whole system, but being a disabled Vet living on disability, I have to save my money to get the rear springs and shocks. I purchased a used set of front struts from a guy that lited his 17 sport. So now I am trying to get this to work for my wife to get to work.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Start by reading this and the attachment.

If your air suspension only fails in freezing weather, then you have moisture in your system which is freezing the solenoids in an open position and an alcohol based lubricant will help solve it.
This video is a decent example of a quick temp fix to get you to warmer days when you can look for leaks and do a nitrogen purge/fill.