Air Suspension Lift / Level Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I was just going to keep the stock for a while since the truck is only two weeks old.

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Thinking about swapping out my 2WD for a 4WD. Did anyone confirm then that the Rough Country kit will work with the stock tires and rims although it will probably look a little odd or would I need to plan on new wheels and tires at the same time? Talking about the 20’s and not the 22’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thinking about swapping out my 2WD for a 4WD. Did anyone confirm then that the Rough Country kit will work with the stock tires and rims although it will probably look a little odd or would I need to plan on new wheels and tires at the same time? Talking about the 20’s and not the 22’s.

You would have to use a wheel spacer to use any of the stock rims. They have too much backspacing.

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Thanks. I just chatted with them and that’s what they said as well. I don’t have a lot of experience in this area but I understand a lot of places won’t put on spacers so I am guessing that is not ideal. So as I begin pricing out new wheels I am looking for wheels that are 6x5.5 with at least 5.5 in backspacing? Does that sound right? I guess the question is the 5.5 inch backspacing can be higher but not lower, correct?

BTW, the kit is currently 10 percent off right now on their site so it listed at $1307.

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks. I just chatted with them and that’s what they said as well. I don’t have a lot of experience in this area but I understand a lot of places won’t put on spacers so I am guessing that is not ideal. So as I begin pricing out new wheels I am looking for wheels that are 6x5.5 with at least 5.5 in backspacing? Does that sound right? I guess the question is the 5.5 inch backspacing can be higher but not lower, correct?

BTW, the kit is currently 10 percent off right now on their site so it listed at $1307.

It has to be 5.5" or less backspacing. Other manufacturers require less than 5" backspacing so keep that in mind in case you go with another brand. That would equate to a 0 offset on a 9" wheel.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Seeing photos as above is the reason why I really want a lift kit. Yes I know I don’t ever go off road and some would call it a mall crawler, but I don’t care. For this generation of Ram I feel it needs a minimum of 4” to look correct. That and paired with no side steps lol.

basegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^. Seeing photos as above is the reason why I really want a lift kit. Yes I know I don’t ever go off road and some would call it a mall crawler, but I don’t care. For this generation of Ram I feel it needs a minimum of 4” to look correct. That and paired with no side steps lol.

I don’t care what anyone has to say. She’s a bad ***** now....

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I don’t care what anyone has to say. She’s a bad ***** now....

She certainly is. Did you maintain all 5 ride heights? Is this OR2? I would be interested to see pics of the different heights.

basegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
She certainly is. Did you maintain all 5 ride heights? Is this OR2? I would be interested to see pics of the different heights.

Yes it still allows adjustability on all heights. Still goes into aero mode on the highway, and all. I believe these pictures were at OR2.

While entering the airport parking lot, I had to drop it to entry/exit to even get it in there. I opened the moonroof screen to double check, and I was about 2-3 inches from hitting the roof, and they say it’s a 7 foot clearance.

If I drop it to entry/exit, you can’t turn the wheel very much to turn, it rubs on the inside.

scout110801

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Does it stay in OR2 or drop down once you hit a certain speed?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't heard anything new.

But lately I've seen a few more broken air ride sensors on 4th gen that have installed adjustable links. Some were saying new sensors are on backorder for 4th gens.

Seems like the best option would be a front spacer and relocation bracket for the air ride sensor. The plastic arm on the sensor is very fragile. At this point it would be custom work. I may talk to a shop that told me they can do custom work on air ride.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
Any reason why the air ride sensors are breaking on the 4th gen?? I am thinking of doing the adjustable links to the front to level out my 2016 1500 Laramie....

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I didn't read the whole thread but thought I'd throw this out there in case it wasn't already mentioned.

On the Gen4s swapping the Front and Rear links gives almost exactly a full 2" lift all around. If similar on the Gen5s, and you want a 2" front-only level, you could buy a set of Rear links from FCA and put them on the front. Not sure of the cost - may be more or less than the set of 4 aftermarkets...

To test, swap your fronts and rears and see what happens.