Air Suspension on my 2014 RAM parts advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I purchased a used 2014 RAM about 1.5yrs ago with 117,000 miles on it. It has run flawless until recently when I noticed a creaking noise when the vehicle is warmed up on the road. I took to a local garage and they diagnosed that the left front strut/ air bag needs replacing. $1,900 for the OEM replacement part from a local dealer and the parts are on back order till mid-June. And they recommend replacing the right front at the same time. I like the truck and it has a great running driveline and engine (no hemi tick).

Is there a parts dealer that you would recommend where I can get these OEM parts cheaper?

The wife's upset with me throwing money at this truck that's 9 years old.
I'd take it and trade it in on a new RAM and I just dislike a new car payment. And the pricing on a new one is through the roof.

Any advice on cheaper parts would be appreciated!

Thanks

T. Anders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You'll get opinions here either way, but many have scrapped the air system and went to struts/coils. I ditched my air ride last year and went to Bilsteins. I'm happy with my decision and no longer have to worry if my truck is going to be on the bumpstops when I come out in the morning on a cold day.